UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Are you waiting on an answer from DST's Customer Service?

There have been numerous mentions recently of attempts to contact DST's customer service to get replacement parts or to discuss quality issues and no one seems to be getting any responses (myself included). I think we all understand that not every request can be fulfilled, but it would seem no one here is even receiving answers to e-mails.

In an attempt to bring the appropriate attention to this subject, I would ask that anyone that has has contacted DST without receiving a response please post the details in this thread (please only do this if it has been within the last couple of months or so). My hope is that if there is enough unaddressed issues that this thread could be used to show some of the lack of attention to customer complaints to the appropriate people. This is not a gripe thread, but I would hope it could be a tool to be used. In the case that there aren't that many responses, then this will show it's really not as big of a problem as it seems or that there aren't that many people willing to share.

If you have contacted customer service with no response, please give a quick explanation of your situation (how long ago, nature of your complaint, did you try to contact them again, etc). Hopefully, this can help all of us out that need it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent an email to DST Customer Service on July 1st stating that I had the following Wave 36 problems:

- Neo Classic Iron Man is missing one of his red shoulder pads

- Stilt-Man has 2 right arms

- Classic Mandarin (variant) has 2 entire right-arm assemblies, arms and hands.

- Silver Centurian Iron Man has red paint on his face, and one of the boots didn't get the metallic paint and doesn't match.

Thanks for the efforts, GH! :thumbsup:

I sent them an e-mail about a missing Ultimate Spider-Woman foot the day the hit comic book shops. DST replied..."We'll see what we can do." Nothing ever happened after this e-mail.

Once upon a time they did send me 3 missing hairpieces for the original Rocky Balboa minimate, but I think everybody was in the same boat with that QC screw up.

I had two figures with issues:

-Silver Age Angel with a chipped belt piece and a wing that wouldn't stay on

-X-Factor Cyclops with a poorly painted pelvis

I contacted DST Customer Service (Chris Myers specifically) and he said he'd check on those parts. I received an email a few days later saying that they had them and they would get them in the mail to me that week. No pieces and no responses to the numerous emails since. On the last one, I mentioned being a member here and saying that I was sure that this wasn't the way people have been handled in the past. Still nothing.

That treatment and the nosedive in quality is why I've quit collecting Minimates.

I've sent two messages regarding the Doc Ock from the Spider-Man Friends and Foes set missing his tentacles. I just have a fat man in green spandex. :sad:

I had two figures with issues:

I contacted DST Customer Service (Chris Myers specifically) and he said he'd check on those parts. I received an email a few days later saying that they had them and they would get them in the mail to me that week. No pieces and no responses to the numerous emails since. On the last one, I mentioned being a member here and saying that I was sure that this wasn't the way people have been handled in the past. Still nothing.

This is exactly my experience with DST customer service. Sent an email about Modern X-Force Cable missing a gun, received one back saying "please send us your mailing address and we will get it to you asap." and a million emails from me to them since and nothing to show for it. I have since given up.

My Neo Classic Iron Man was also missing both of his shoulder pieces but I knew well enough by now to just go to the comic shop I bought him from to return it. An hour drive there and back I finally have a complete version. I don't think it's too much to ask for either quality control or at least customer service.

Edited by Killek

I'm not really sure what to really think about all this . There has been a definite increase in QC problems but there has also been a dramatic increase in releases which has obviously put a strain on DST's ability to placate their customers complaints. I doubt whether there were a lot of people working for them in the first place & I know for a fact that they've lost Matt & Jen(?) , rather acrimoniously by the 'feel' of it,which isn't going to help.

When I first became a member here ,DST's customer relations were spoken of in an almost reverential manner & my first contact with TBT was, I recall ,him offering to get in touch with them about Rocky hairpieces. Tim is usually the voice of reason in most matters 'DST' & I'd really like to hear his opinion . What do you think Timbo?

On the other hand............. "Fings" definitely "ain't what they used to be" & I hope what I perceived with Chuck's attitude, in the youtube videos from C2E2, as 'confidence' isn't in fact 'arrogance' or 'indifference' !

Chuck is the figurehead of Minimates whether he loves/likes that or not but he needs to address these niggles & ascertain whether there is a problem or not. From personal experience I know that the customer (us in this instance) isn't always right but you really do have to let them think that they are & give them what they want . The reason is that they may well just f*ck off & collect something else . In this instance "I'll look into this & we'll try & put it right" would help rather than "I'm not aware of that!"

I have some small personal gripes about Minimates & I'll be addressing them on my own behalf,next week, quietly, with Chuck & Co. at SDCC at the Art Asylum booth. No fur will fly,no sweat will pour but I'm not just going to SDCC to worship at the altar of articulated plastic ........that was last time.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I had one issue quite a while ago. My Captain America's leg peg broke off. I was at least satisfied by an answer," we currently are out of stock on that figure". It wasnt good but it was better than nothing. Im sure a lot of people might be emailing DST and it dissapoints me that they havent replied to anyone. I wonder how my people wanted to start collecting, but had a problem and emailed DST but never got a response. We could have lost dozens of new collecters. I really hope this gets fixed soon. I bet some heads are gonna roll at the SDCC panel...

Edited by link 46

I bet some heads are gonna roll at the SDCC panel...

I personally want to enjoy the panel & dealing with this very important issue needs to be dealt with head-on at the booth rather than souring the event.

The way I look at it is we really have had some sensational stuff this year despite our gripes & that needs to be celebrated rather than turning into a 'bun fight' in a conference room. Quiet grumbles at the booth by everybody that goes in is far more likely to get a successful impact than haranguing the panel.

By the time I get my stuff in the UK(having read about the stuff first) I'm literally looking for problems but I must say that I must be lucky .

It can't be denied though that the general quality has not declined it has plummeted.

Sorry for posting this in multiple threads, just trying to help complete all of the incomplete 'mates out there for this wave.

Ok, I officially have a surplus of Wave 36 'mates. If anyone needs help with missing parts on this wave, PM me and they are yours for shipping costs. :thumbsup: