UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

For Play or Display

Got this old Sesame Street playset building on the cheap, and all things considered I think the scale is pretty decent for Minimates. Plus you have the option of painting to your own taste and even doing something different than the lithos that are on the inside.

post-3660-1278707447_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1278707471_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1278707490_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gramps

Wow... I think I may have this in my moms basement. Ill have to check. If this works I would think all the fisher price play sets would work scale wise... some may be too stylized though... This ought to be in the compatibility thread though.

Wow! Nice find, Gramps, thanks for sharing. Now my quest begins.

hmmm. Cramer, the one at Target (at least online) is different. Not much, and that's not to say the scale isn't the same, but it is different. Requires more research.

Edited by Cappy

hmmm. Cramer, the one at Target (at least online) is different. Not much, and that's not to say the scale isn't the same, but it is different. Requires more research.

I believe the original on had a connector piece between the two halves. It had a picture of a fire escape on it. When opened, it formed the alley that Big Bird lives in. I think the details are better on the old one too. Any of you guys planning to give it a repaint? A little shading could really set this off.

I believe the original on had a connector piece between the two halves. It had a picture of a fire escape on it. When opened, it formed the alley that Big Bird lives in. I think the details are better on the old one too. Any of you guys planning to give it a repaint? A little shading could really set this off.

That's the one Target has a repro of. Buildings are different on it than this one. Hoping to see mine this week, maybe I can get some pics side-by-side.

Here are some pics of the other playset building. This is the one Target has a repro of. Makes for a decent addition to lay out part of a city block. As with the other one, the interiors would need updating, but the good thing is, they are generally cheap to come by.

post-3660-1279233948_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1279233966_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1279234007_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1279234034_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1279234092_thumb.jpg

post-3660-1279234126_thumb.jpg