UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2010 Promos revealed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First 1000 DST booth customers on Thursday receive a free Battle Beast. He's green with gold armor. I don't know how the whole purchase thing will effect availability.

At noon, they will be giving out actually free promos:

Thursday is a MAX pilot

Friday is a Ghostbuster promo

Saturday is a clear orange blank (no evidence of other colors)

Sunday is no promo at all

i really want that MAX pilot mate. personally im glad they didn't really go all out with the handouts(i guess because im not there :P ) but i would've hoped for a comic con logo mate maybe blue.

So, can anyone confirm if the clear giveaway is any different than the 2008 ones?

Yeah, I can. (surprise, surprise)

There are subtle differences that mark the two as different runs, that and I saw the case they came in -- clearly marked with shipping labels from 2010.

The two 'Mates have the same physical structure. Side-by-side, they are identical blues. The only differences I can find are:

1) The head, upper arms, and thighs on my 2008 have always been slightly lighter than the rest of the figure, which could just be a production run randomness on my 'Mate. This issue is fixed on the 2010 version.

2) There is less paint inside the knee-cap-joint on the 2010. That is, if you flex the leg, it clearly reveals white plastic.

3) The 2010 version has a 2010 copyright notice, plus the butt-number tattoo.

I'm considering this a re-release.

Edited by Cappy

Seriously, only 1000 for SDCC? That's just nuts. I suppose there's still hope in what Chuck said once about giveaways of Battle Beasts this year.

Probably old news now but it was with the first 1000 purchases everyday, you get a free SDCC Battle Beast. I was actually disqualified from getting one each day after the first day... :(

Seriously, only 1000 for SDCC? That's just nuts. I suppose there's still hope in what Chuck said once about giveaways of Battle Beasts this year.

Probably old news now but it was with the first 1000 purchases everyday, you get a free SDCC Battle Beast. I was actually disqualified from getting one each day after the first day... :(

Does this mean you managed to score multiple BB's? ;)