Minimate Theatre - Updated Every Monday - 2/17/14

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaveOMac,

this is is your best comic yet. :woot:

And Whore and Red Nightcrawler? WIN!

I would have called them the White Whore and the Crimson Crawler but that just complicates things.

But you forgot Storm-Lite. :D

DaveOMac,

this is is your best comic yet. :woot:

And Whore and Red Nightcrawler? WIN!

I would have called them the White Whore and the Crimson Crawler but that just complicates things.

But you forgot Storm-Lite. :D

Glad you really enjoyed it Warbunger. It was just too easy a subject to tackle.

I must say old chap, that comic was rather spiffing. I was sitting there drinking my tea, eating crumpets, adding u back into certain words and generally being quite British and thurily enjoyed the experience. I dare say Bravo to you.

save for the racist slurs, really enjoy your work

moc847.

Thanks MOC. I have nothing against any race. I personally think stereotypes are hilarious and since this isn't a serious stip I worry not about being PC. I do try to dial them back and apologize if anything has offended you specifically.

save for the racist slurs, really enjoy your work

moc847.

Agreed. In my humble opinion, your race based jokes fall flat and drift into slur territory. Specifically, I mean how Black characters tend to be treated in your strip. Their dialogue makes me cringe as I read an otherwise fully enjoyable strip. Hope you don't view this as a personal attack, I'm just trying to give you some feedback from the reader's perspective. I don't think you are a racist or anything. I just don't think racial comedy works very well in the comic strip medium and/or is very hard to do. It tends to work better if you have a racist character who allows the audience to laugh at his or her racist ignorance. It works less well when Minority characters themselves act like racist stereotypes. For example, the Red Skull can get away with saying racist things while Apollo says "What the hell are you talking about? I hate fried chicken. I eat lobster quiche." Mistaken racial identiy also works for racist characters, for example Red Skull may ignorantly pressume Thunderbird is ethnically Japanese because he's never met a Native American person before.