UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

fnwebslinger's customizing attempts!

My first serious attempt (Sin-Eater, Hydro-Man and Peter Parker don't count as "serious"):

CIVIL WAR SPIDER-MAN

DSC00188-1.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00189-1.jpg

Special thanks to luke314pi and youbastards for helping me out with my paint problems.

Thanks for viewing! More to come (hopefully).

Edited by fnwebslinger

Thanks karamazov80! I used to have Civil War Spider-Man but I sold him a year ago when I thought I could quit collecting Minimates (HA HA HA LOOK HOW THAT TURNED OUT). I might re-do this in the future (my unsteady hand is to blame for the pain inconsistency in some areas) but for now I'm happy with this. I also like how my custom doesn't have the oversized noggin due to the slip-on mask (and how the mask-eyes begin halfway up his face).

youbastards, I used Citadel Mithril Silver as the base coat. It came out so well that I almost turned this into a Silver surfer instead. Haha. Now I know what to do when I make Molten Man. Thanks again!

Edited by fnwebslinger

Hi Chaz! The epoxy itself is sticky, it adheres to the surface of the figure and so when it hardens it stays there. (Which is why I mold and mix the epoxy with wet fingers to keep it from sticking on them.) No sanding required, though washing the figure itself with soap and water before sculpting is advised.

• 2 months later...

Thanks bobafett and youbastards! :) Everything here was done by hand, and the webs were drawn very carefully with a very fine permanent pen. I guess patience DOES pay off? Heh.

Planning to do the other 3 Dimensions (Noir, 2099, Ultimate Symbiote) as well...then maybe the alternate costumes. All game-accurate (hopefully).

Edited by fnwebslinger

Thanks Dino (is it okay if I call you that?)!

I used ML Captain Marvel, but I replaced his head with Moon Knight's (hadda sculpt over his eyes though) and his dainty little fingers with Snap Shot Spidey's. I also had to trim down his faaaaaaaaabulous (lol) bracelets.

Thanks Dino (is it okay if I call you that?)!

I used ML Captain Marvel, but I replaced his head with Moon Knight's (hadda sculpt over his eyes though) and his dainty little fingers with Snap Shot Spidey's. I also had to trim down his faaaaaaaaabulous (lol) bracelets.

Hmm..is it for sale?

@TheSpiderX - Nope, haha, but I *can* make another one... :) Thank you for visiting my thread, bro!

@Bob Harris - Thank you! I actually want to start on it already, except I don't have the base figure on hand yet (I'll try to get it tomorrow so I can start working).

This is a great thing to do. Even faced with the option of just color-tweaking one of the millions of existing Spideys, you take two completely unrelated m molds [seriously, the only items to have a Spidey origin are the hands!] and turn out a Spidey that blasts a whole bunch of official ones out of the water.

Great work, man. And yeah, I too am eager to see your Noir Spidey!

Thanks lastmaximal! I just couldn't stand the wimpy fingers on Capt. Marvel's gloves.

youbastards, I actually agree with you (I'm just going with Noir to stay consistent with the order the universes were revealed). I really can't wait to get to 2099, especially with the mesh pattern on his entire body as well as the raised elements that would mean much more than a simple repaint. Oh if only I didn't have my thesis to worry about. LOL