UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG minimates are on Clearance at TRU

My TRU has been pretty wiped out of the BSG packs for a couple of months - but they can't seem to get rid of the last couple Simon/Ellen or Tigh/Six packs. I was debating about getting another Viper, but since the sale they only have the Cylon fliers left. There's plenty of GB 3 though.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the chief tyrol and mortar pack cylon 2 pack and hot dog and mark vii viper packs.I didnt open the vii viper yet and am gonna open it when I get back home in 3 days.And I really wanna know peoples opinions b4 I open it,so opinions?

PS:I also pick up movie masters joker for about $4 at toys r us which is a really good deal

Thanks for posting this thread!

Last night i was in phoenix and picked up the cylon raider and viper! they are like $7!

Any who if you are like me and did not get them until now i found this post from mini Myte very helpful. it shows where to place the stickers! this was included in the previews pack but NOT with the TRU and I had no idea where to place the viper stickers. thanks mini myte!

Thanks for the heads-up, although I think I cleaned out three TRU's of all the better packs I could find.

Of course, I forgot to get an extra Viper, so if anyone has an extra Hot Dog (the figure, not the meat product) I could use the hook-up.

Are you trying to tell me that Hot Dogs have meat in them ? :ohmy:

Regards the Vipers & Raiders .....what sort of numbers of these were stocked in TRU's....dozens or hundreds?

Edited by buttheadsmate

sadly the 1 TRU (castleton) has not gone on clearance and they have tons of packs....

Um, yes they have-they just didn't change the tags. Of course they only have 2 Starbuck/Leobens left, but they're clearanced. The price scanner can be your friend.

ha...that crossed my mind, but I dont collect BSG so I didnt take the time to check.

Thanks for the heads-up, although I think I cleaned out three TRU's of all the better packs I could find.

Of course, I forgot to get an extra Viper, so if anyone has an extra Hot Dog (the figure, not the meat product) I could use the hook-up.

Regards the Vipers & Raiders .....what sort of numbers of these wer stocked in TRU's....dozens or hundreds?

I think there's a few brands that have meat in them.

The most I ever saw of the vehicles was 2 pegs worth (maybe a dozen or so). I don't think they stocked very many (but it was still more than enough at that price).

I guess the real question is should I clean out all the BSG packs at my TRU for fodder?

And the real answer is "yes, yes you should."

Don't forget, pick up 2 Tyrol packs... besides getting extra cylons, you get 2 army fatigue bodies that look really good with Venkman and Egon heads on them (Stripes).

Regards the Vipers & Raiders .....what sort of numbers of these were stocked in TRU's....dozens or hundreds?

Overall or do you mean each store specifically?

I can't speak for all the others, but of the 4 TRU's in my vicinity the max I ever saw at one time was twelve (2 cases each consisting of 3xVipers and 3xRaiders). I believe it's safe to say that the majority generally had one case at a time (six) pegged (or in some cases shelved) as the bubble-packaging took up quite a bit of space.

I guess the real question is should I clean out all the BSG packs at my TRU for fodder?

And the real answer is "yes, yes you should."

Don't forget, pick up 2 Tyrol packs... besides getting extra cylons, you get 2 army fatigue bodies that look really good with Venkman and Egon heads on them (Stripes).

"That's a fact, Jack !" :lol:

Thanks for the info regarding Raiders & Vipers ,I just try & get some idea what numbers were produced. Ebay would suggest very few but ebay is not a definitive answer to any question but now that they are on clearance I'd like to see whether more hit & how much they sell for.

Whether or not it's relevant ,there are 840 TRUs in the US ,needless to say not all of them stock Minimates but I bet somebody took that figure into consideration when deciding on a production run for just about anything Minimate.

So I picked up 5 packs of different bsg figures today to add to my collection. Happy to get eye patch tigh. Dissapointed by the ellen simon pack. their pretty plain jane. Put back the viper, because as much as i love the gold cylon, not really into the ships that much. I dont know if I will be buying any of the vehicles.

Thanks original poster for saving me some money!

• 2 weeks later...

At different TRUs in central New Jersey, I have seen the price as low as $3.53 per pack at only 1 store, and $4.98 at 3 other stores.

Anyone know why there is a price difference? Not that I'll ever come as close to the glory days of $2.50/pack for Street fighter 'mates at "Five below" from a few years ago, but a man can dream, can't he?

Finally found a Cavil pack - need that hat (used one to make a Grey Ghost custom from BTAS)! These Cavil sets have been pretty rare even on eBay.

At different TRUs in central New Jersey, I have seen the price as low as $3.53 per pack at only 1 store, and $4.98 at 3 other stores.

Anyone know why there is a price difference? Not that I'll ever come as close to the glory days of $2.50/pack for Street fighter 'mates at "Five below" from a few years ago, but a man can dream, can't he?

Finally found a Cavil pack - need that hat (used one to make a Grey Ghost custom from BTAS)! These Cavil sets have been pretty rare even on eBay.

Depending on when you priced the sets, TRU had an additional 25% off clearance that expired last week. If I recall, the $3.53 pricepoint was the clearance + discount price. The $4.98 is the current discount price