UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Translucent Spider-Man Minimates

Okay, so now that we're on a forum that isn't controlled by AA I think we should just post the damn pics. Someone must have them and was fearing retribution - well that ain't going to happen now.

Just in case anyone doesn't know the story: pics of two translucent Spider-Man minimates were posted on the forums in the summer of 2003 and they were quickly removed since Marvel hadn't approved them. No one seemed to save the pics and the people who did see them said that they weren't all that interesting.

Well, I would still like to see them.

Kirby had a contact who he thought might still have pics and he got this info:

OK, I talked to my guy, and here's the short of it:

They were created as "proposed exclusives" that never panned out. The photos were accidentally leaked out, under the thinking that they were something else, but were quickly retracted. As it stands, they never left the AA offices.

So if you want more on them, start looking toward Adam or Digger ;)

There are two articles up over at the HQ about these minimates: Translucent Spider-Man Minimates and Blue Sapphire Spidey.

Let's finally expose these pics so JP and I can sleep at night!

I saw these photos back when the AACC existed. I might have downloaded them, but a hard drive crash about 6 months ago totally whiped out my db of images.