UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tron Legacy

So collectondx.com has pictures and a video up of the new Tron Legacy toys and some of the cool features these toys are supposed to have. I can't wait for this movie. The trailer gives me goosebumps! The original is one of my all time favorite movies. Of course I would much rather have Tron in minimate form is my ultimate dream, but this awesome stuff in toy format is good with me in any fashion.

(Sorry I tried to hyperlink the news feed from collectiondx but it wasn't working so just go to collectiondx.com and look at the news feed.)

Edited by gambitron

I am glad that link works now. I had 2 rip cord light cycles as a kid so I can't wait to get a hold of these new light cycles.

The article als omakes me mad that I am not going to SDCC this year as it sounds like they will have some great stuff going on for Tron Legacy!

I was at the Panel in 2008 when they showed the VFX teaser for the first time and have been anticipating all the Tron goodness for way too long now!

Edited by gambitron

my friend got me into recently i watched the first film and now i cant wait for the sequel, daft punk+tron= epic, toys look good but headphones thats kinda of overkill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up my first Tron Legacy action figure at TRU last night. I just bought one even though I wanted them all, just because I want to see what other stuff I like before I buy a bunch of stuff. I got CLU. The figures have cool light up feature on their chest. I can't wait to see the vehicles and the smaller hot wheels type light cycles and things.

• 1 month later...

I picked up the two TRU 3 packs of die cast vehicles (one set has CLU's command ship, a Recognizer, and CLU's Light Cycle and the other set has Sam's Light Cycles, Kevin's Light Cycle and a Light Runner which is the car thing) and they are really cool. I also picked up a Sam Flynn figure, the larger size that has the light up chest as well as the light up face and sond feature. It says several lines and a light in the mask lights up different facial expressions that change a few times while the line is being said giving the figure the illusion of talking. It is a pretty unique and cool feature.

Sorry to be three posts in row here, am I the only one loving new Tron stuff? I just hope that they will redo some vintage stuff like they did for the 20th anniversary.

• 2 months later...

Totally agree Gambitron I was finally able to find a place that actually sold the soundtrack and have not stopped listening to it. In the liner notes they thank Hans Zimmer and you can tell they are influenced by his style of orchestration and themes. C.L.U. gives me goosebumps every time I here it.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this last night and was amazed! This is my favorite movies of 2010 (with IM2 and Toy Story 3 as the others in my top 3) The movie gave me everything I wanted and more! My only very small complaint is the digital young Jeff Bridge's mouth looked a litte wierd. But wholy FRAK this movie blew me away. Going to go see it again and then probably again after that. WOW WOW WOW!

The disc fights, Light Cycles, other fighting, and the Light Jets were all so incredieble!

I enjoyed it, but I have to say the movie had much more depth than I thought it would. It's a completely different movie than the original Tron. I was kind of hoping for more of a light-hearted sci-fi movie than it actually was, but it was nice to have Quorra there for a little comic relief.

Oh, and not 1 but 2 Disney's Black Hole shout outs!!! :)

Edited by youbastards

I saw the poster but what other Black Hole reference was there?

Sam had Tron stuff all over in his room which was awesome, and on his dresser he had a yellow Light Cycle with a light trail behind it and I think it was the Cycle from the Kubrick set A, which is the set that I have.

I saw the poster but what other Black Hole reference was there?

Sam had Tron stuff all over in his room which was awesome, and on his dresser he had a yellow Light Cycle with a light trail behind it and I think it was the Cycle from the Kubrick set A, which is the set that I have.

There was a model of VINCENT too, possibly also the Kubrick release. :)

Wow...

This... was... shiny...

Sooooo shiny. A retina burning experience, to say the least.

However it really bugged me that

Tron himself was really only in there for about 3 minutes. I mean, what a way to treat the title character! I understand that technically he was there the whole time, but really, having him only actually being Tron for 3 minutes!

Aside from that this was a good movie. Not amazing. I could tell Jeff Bridges was having a better time as Clu than Flynn. But overall, if you like the colors Black, Yellow, Orange, White, and Blue, you should see this movie. It'll deliver those in spades. Sam Flynn was a fun new character and Quorra was nice for what she was. But nobody stood out as just being amazing. Nobody except the visuals. This movie belonged to the special effects team and they did it well.

But seriously guys, in the next Tron movie

give us more of TRON HIMSELF

Edited by Trekker 42

What confused me about the movie was that Tron fell in the ocean and became good again, but my friends thought he died. Now, if he died wouldn't he have derez'd? But if he was alive, why didn't they show him swimming back up? It seems like the movie left him out to dry without telling us that he died or that he would bring order back to the system.

What confused me about the movie was that Tron fell in the ocean and became good again, but my friends thought he died. Now, if he died wouldn't he have derez'd? But if he was alive, why didn't they show him swimming back up? It seems like the movie left him out to dry without telling us that he died or that he would bring order back to the system.

Well I think the Grid is left ambiguous because they want to set up for a second movie where Tron comes up and kicks everyone's collective asses. I doubt he's dead. There's no way. He would have de-rezzed. However I think a post-credits scene would be in order to keep Tron's fate from being ambiguous here. Bugged me that there wasn't one.

Dito!

Well I think the Grid is left ambiguous because they want to set up for a second movie where Tron comes up and kicks everyone's collective asses. I doubt he's dead. There's no way. He would have de-rezzed. However I think a post-credits scene would be in order to keep Tron's fate from being ambiguous here. Bugged me that there wasn't one.

One thig about this movie that really messed with my zen thing( im gonna have a blast saying that). And it might be a spoiler so if u dont want to know skip this( i'm typing on my ipod which is why im not using spoiler blocks).

Okay, so in one of the trailers, there's an old man( i'm sure most presume to be sark, or zark fuzzy on that, running from C.L.U/ Flynn. So why wasnt this mentioned in the movie. It would been great as an intro before the actual story starts. But overall it is definately one of my top movies of the year! :)

One thig about this movie that really messed with my zen thing( im gonna have a blast saying that). And it might be a spoiler so if u dont want to know skip this( i'm typing on my ipod which is why im not using spoiler blocks).

Okay, so in one of the trailers, there's an old man( i'm sure most presume to be sark, or zark fuzzy on that, running from C.L.U/ Flynn. So why wasnt this mentioned in the movie. It would been great as an intro before the actual story starts. But overall it is definately one of my top movies of the year!

:)

I think thats was just a Comic Con Disney Teasrer Trailer,not the real one.

Edited by BrobotC

Just got back from seeing this a little while ago, and it was awesome with a capital AWE! If you haven't seen it yet, then you need to get up and get to a theater now. Oh yeah, Olivia Wilde is HOT!

BS

that Bassicaly sums up my reactions.....

and when kevin dies,I litteraly dropped my popcorn,I was like AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and for the soundtrack,End Of The Line is amazing!

Edited by darkredshdow