UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chemical Warehouse Joker question

hulk197

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I just wanted some info about the C3 Joker that came with the Chemical Warehouse. I came across these in one of my bags and saw that there are two heads for this figure. One with the hole and one without. Was this common for all the C3 mates? I don't recall a difference in my other C3 figures.

If you can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

P1010027_editedSmall.jpg

Just checked the C3 Joker that came in my Chemical Warehouse set from a while back, and he doesn't have the head-hole either.

I guess the C3 mates were pretty random about which of their mates got the head-holes and which didn't. It always weirded me out that the wave 1 figures like Catwoman and Robin didn't have them, but miniflyers figures like Flash and Batgirl did. Then again this was also the line where they introduced the block-compatible C3 feet, so all the "innovating" going on in this line musta been pretty disorienting.

Mine has no hole in the head either.

If it matters, I bought mine at Target (before they decided to stop carrying minimates).

I'm probably I know how irritating I can be in my posts when I perpetually attempt to make my posting light-hearted rather than serious. This particular thread is a perfect example of why. If I was being serious I would launch off into a rant about why on earth Minimates were wrecked by the singularly most destructive design change bar none....the hole in the head. I'm well-aware why it is supposed to be there but I have always failed to recognise how it helps. In a nutshell the 19 Jokers have 19 hairpieces ,some with pegs some without . I know that these were 'early' 'mates & might not be the quality :whistling: of ,for example, a Spidey Friends & Foes set .....but none of the hairpieces stay on,not one. Ramp this up by saying that the ones with pegs fit neither version completely negates the whole reason for putting the hole in the head in the first place. The peg also negates trying to put it on any 'mate without a hole in its head ....unless you cut it off :huh: There are of course occasional examples when a hole would help (stop laughing at the back Danny.... :angry: ) ...that guy Daken (?) & that awesome Ultimate Hulk we were recently blessed with...& 90's Storm . I'm sure you'll find others but how come the factory can't make heads that are all the same size & hairpieces that stay on without pegs ,whilst making helmets that won't come off without keeping your Hall of Armors collection in the freezer???

So there we have it ....my serious side.

Let's have some Minimate innovations but some of them we need "like I need a hole in the head" .

Edited by buttheadsmate

The only gripe I have about the hole in the head thing is why they gave w12 Luke Cage one when he didn't even have a hair piece. I'm not sure if this is the only instance of this but, it's the only one I know.

...they didn't

The only gripe I have about the hole in the head thing is why they gave w12 Luke Cage one when he didn't even have a hair piece. I'm not sure if this is the only instance of this but, it's the only one I know.

...they didn't

Sorry my mistake it was the picture on the box that threw me.

The difference comes from when these were produced. Sets produced before they started using the headpegs (which we also saw the change around Marvel Wave 8) didn't have them, so first production run of Wave 1 of C3. Then we started seeing headpegs for C3 Wave 2 (and also the minifliers),so any of the duplicate production runs of Wave 1 sets had the pegs as well.

Edited by Lurch77