UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What is your dream box set?

spyder00013

Not sure if this has been posted before but i was curious as to what everyone thought would be the ideal box set and why? i haven't done enough homework but to the best of my knowledge the most minimates found in a single box is ten, with a 6 pack and then multiple four packs. The four packs seem to be heavily themed. For me..

i would love to see either the four horsemen(famine, war and pestilence, with an archangel repack) or the brotherhood(how has this not been made? pyro? toad? so cool.) Not sure how much feedback this will get simply because the topic has been glanced on in numerous threads. But i was curious. so there it is.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brotherhood indeed!

i've said it before, and i'll say it again...

Blob (although i love my custom, so may selfishly got for Mastermind... actually, no... DREAM box set? Mr Sinister)

Pyro

Avalanche

Toad

...or a huge box of 2.5/3" Hulks, etc. with 5 8" articulated Sentinels, a Giant Man... and a 5" Uatu... for $10

Not really THE 'dream' set per se, but one I'd love to see:

Lethal Foes of Spider-Man:

Spider-Man (Erik Larsen-inspired or generic Spidey with dark red/dark blue color scheme and big eyes)

Rhino (updated, with removable purple bands)

Boomerang

Beetle

The Wrecking Crew (classic look)

200px-Wrecking_Crew_(Earth-616).jpg

• The Wrecker
  • Thunderball
  • Piledriver
  • Bulldozer

Ooh, good choice. :)

My dream set: The Enforcers.

• Big Man
  • Fancy Dan
  • Montana
  • Ox

Edit: Some other dream sets:

West Coast Avengers:

• Hawkeye
  • Mockingbird
  • Vision (silver version)
  • Firebird
  • Living Lightning

Sinister Syndicate:

• Beetle
  • Rhino
  • Speed Demon
  • Hydro-Man
  • Boomerang

Masters of Evil:

• Baron Zemo
  • Melter
  • Radioactive Man (classic version)
  • Black Knight (Nathan Garrett), preferrably with his winged horse

And, as a bonus to complement the Masters of Evil set, a 2-pack with Enchantress and Executioner.

Kang Through the Ages:

• Kang the Conqueror
  • Rama-Tut
  • Immortus
  • Ironlad
Edited by MinnesotaIceman

Allies of Spider-Man:

Scarlet Spider - updated with removeable mask and both a blonde and brown hair piece

Spidey 2099 - updated with talon hands (Venom's would sorta work) and removeable mask, with his fangs exposed on the face below

Spider-Woman 3

Dr Curt Connors (unless the upcoming Lizard minimate has pieces that allow you to change him)

I'm screaming for an updated/properly done version of my two favourite Spidey costumes as much as the Kang fans are screaming for him. I'm also a HUGE fan of the slip on masks. I don't care if it makes his head look a little too big or not, I like having the option of un-masked Peter holding his mask. This could also be a great way to get Mattie Franklin and Curt was really just filler

MI13

Captain Britian - 3rd Costume but perhaps include spare pieces that will turn him into the first...?

Pete Wisdom

Black Knight - civie style costume but with extra armour pieces for full armour/classic costume

Spitfire

Because British superheroes are awesome!

Sky Fathers

Balder the Brave

Odin

Zeus

Athena

IMO Odin and Zeus are way more awesome than Kang and need to be made ;). I'm a huge fan of the mystical side of Marvel and would personally like more characters from that side of the universe to go with Hercules and Thor.

Spider-Man Shattered Dimension

Spider-Man Noir

Noir style Green Goblin

Spidey 2099 - updated with talon hands (Venom's would sorta work) and removeable mask, with his fangs exposed on the face below

Whomever is from the fourth dimention

Noir's costume looks good and I think it's about time we get him in minimate form. I'd rather see the Noir villain over the classic costume, as I'm SICK to death of it! We also need an updated/properly done version of the ever awesome 2099 costumed. BADLY! Alternatively I'd love to see the Captain Universe costumes made into a box set. While it does mean a second version of classic Cap Universe, I like the costume and love the idea of Cap Universe 2099.

Slingers - I agree with anyone else who's suggested them.

Cosmic Marvel

Quasar - classic or new costume; I like both but maybe have parts to change him between the two?

Nova - classic costume

Gamora - classic costume

Super Skrull - I think he'd benefit from an update. Plus it would allow them to re-use some of the Mr Fantastic pieces they've made

I did like the What If New Fantastic Four from a few years ago, and think it would make for a great five pack. While it would mean yet another Wolverine, Spidey and Iron Man, all three sported an interesting hybrid of their classic costume and the FF4 look and personally I'd like to see those made into minimates.

As far as dream box sets in general, I've always wanted a ginormous multi-pack like the old 10-pack from before. Except this one being filled with all-new releases and nothing really also available in a different circulating 2-pack.

For the modern 4-pack sets, though, I can certainly share in the demand for the Wrecking Crew [and to a much lesser extent the Enforcers], although I'd also like to see a 90s X-Villains set. As a sucker for alternate [and alt-reality] looks and outfits for characters, I'd also buy into "Through the Ages" sets if they're done well [ie more on the level of Iron Man and less on the level of Wolverine].

My favorite suggestion so far, though, remains Slingers, if only because I've been wanting Minimates of those guys since forever.

Great Lakes Avengers

Mr. Immortal

Doorman

Big Bertha

Squirrel Girl

And they could totally fit in Flatman as an accessory.

Then there could be a Dinah Soar and Grasshopper TRU exclusive pack.

Kinda gotta wonder why I haven't made these customs yet...

post-73-1277057261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shamrock

Black Cat Throught the Ages.

FA/Retro BC

80's BC

Claws BC

Ult BC

What? 0-o

EDIT: Hmm, I'm still missing her France, Dodson and Manga appearances. :( I know! Second box set!

Return from France BC

Manga BC

Spidey-shirt BC

Felicia Hardy

:D

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

As far as dream box sets in general, I've always wanted a ginormous multi-pack like the old 10-pack from before. Except this one being filled with all-new releases and nothing really also available in a different circulating 2-pack.

Yeah, what he said.

I'll probably get flamed to death for this, but I'm kind of starting to miss my "Marvel Minimate Education" phase from my early days collecting, where I'd pick up a wave full of mostly unique non-A-list characters and wind up picking up just a little bit more knowledge about the Marvel Universe. I miss seeing a wave and not recognizing half of the characters, being one of those rare people that got into comics/movies/TV thanks thanks to Minimates rather than the other way around.

Anyway, I believe a bunch of my boxset/team pipe dreams are well-documented here:

Inhumans (though thankfully this might become a real possibility soon... :woot:)

Eternals

Young Avengers

Runaways

modern Guardians of the Galaxy (to balance out the classic)

though I think the real impossible dream for me might be a Cosmic Marvel-themed set that will somehow get me any of the following:

Vulcan

Lilandra

Gladiator

Ronan the Accuser

Deathbird

Mistress Death (the one Thanos is in love with)

Ikaris (in case an Eternals boxset is unlikely)

... okay, I give up.

I'm sure you've all heard me harp on this before . . . but i would LOVE to see an Age of Apocalypse box set.

If i only got to create 1 box set, i'd love to see it star

*Holocaust (Or 'Nemesis' as he is known in the toy-world)

*Rogue

*X-Man

*Magneto

Although - i don't know that i could stop at just wanting those 4. . . I'g go ape for a second boxset with

*Apocalypse

*Weapon X

*Jean Grey

*Cyclops

Ok - i need to stop now or i'll list every single character from the cross-over event. (I left off Sunfire, Morph & Blink because they could be done in the 616 universe or as 'Exiles').

Taking into consideration all the released mates so far...

Jean Grey, Phoenix: Thru the Ages Box 1:

1) Neal Adams green skirt Marvel Girl w/ removable mask piece

First20520004.jpg

2) Revolution Phoenix w/ phoenix base

p_re9.jpg

3) Blue X-Factor Jean Grey w/ translucent energy blast

xffacttor.jpg

4) White Phoenix w/ phoenix base

es5-p05.jpg

Jean Grey, Phoenix: Thru the Ages Box 2:

1) First Class Marvel Girl w/ cerebro helmet

firstclass2.jpg

2) X-Factor red Jean Grey w/ flight stand

MarvelGirl4.jpg

3) AOA Jean Grey w/ translucent energy blast

standing.jpg

4) Here Comes Tomorrow Phoenix w/ phoenix base

n153p07.jpg

And to round it off,

Previews/Diamond Exclusive 2 Pack:

1) AOA Phoenix w/ phoenix base

aoajean.jpg

2) Here Comes Tomorrow Jean Grey w/ phoenix base

HCTJean.jpg

Yeah...Jean ROCKS. :D

Edited by Chronotrigger

Mine would have to be the Slingers

SlingersGroup.gif

YES AND YES!

I'll take the Slingers in any plastic form you got. Minimates? YES! Marvel Select? YES. Superhero Squad? Probably yes. Handful of Heroes? Ehhh... maybe.

whatever, the point is that yeah, that's my dream set too.