UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I need strength please

minijeff

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! My inition post was made in my gut reaction phase and I am feeling a lot more clam since then. It stills scares teh shit outta me but its not dominating my thoughts now. The support of you guys here is awesome and means the world to me.

The cancer clinic phoned today and the doctor wants to be very aggressive with this. He thinks there is a chance it could be nothing but is going to biopsy it quickly. So I am sitting by the phone at work waiting to hear if we go in today or tomorrow ont hat.

Again many thanks to everyone here , your positive vibes have been recieved and I am loving it!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Ok just a bit of an update, even though I dont really know much more. Kyrra had a bone scan done on Tuesday and more blood work done yesterday. A bright note was that I bailed on work yesterday and took the other 4 kids with me to visit. She had the blood drawn in the morning so they let her have a day pass so we could actually leave the hospital! This was great for everyone, far less depressing outside of there. We went out for lunch, shopping at TRU and to a park to play. Her other 2 triplet sisters are really missing her and find it hard to go to bed at night without her there. She will have her biopsy tomorrow and might be able to come home for the weekend. I am working very hard to stay positive, especially when I am around the kids but sometimes at the end of the day, once they are in bed I feel like the tires on a city bus - just worn out. Thanks for all the positive words and thoughts and the place to vent a bit, it helps more than you can imagine.

Jeff

That sounds like a pretty good day! I know we'll all be hoping you get to bring her home for the weekend. It can't be easy to be positive all of the time, and you'd probably be insane if you were, but it sounds like you are doing a damn fine job.

Thanks for all the positive words and thoughts and the place to vent a bit, it helps more than you can imagine.

That's what we're here for, Jeff! :) I'm glad she'll be home for the weekend, too.

Thanks for keeping us posted. If you need anything, just holler.

Ok so I went for a drive after work last night...went into the city to visit just me and them. I had to go since she has her biopsy today and I cant be there. The weather was getting pretty crazy with storm watches and heavy rain but I've driven in bad weather before so wasnt too worried. About 30 mins into the hour drive these really black clouds roll over me and the sky all around me is a soupy green colour. I have always heard about the green clouds but never actually seen them before. The rain picked up to monsoon levels, my wipers could barely keep up. Still nothing too bad, I've driven in blizzards that were far worse. About 65 yards out my passenger side window something catches my eye...a funnel cloud snaking its way to to the ground!! Surprisingly I was very calm and actually bitched about not having my camera with me! As far as I know it never touched down but I just kept driving and the weather got better.

Now they let Kyrra out again so I took her and my wife out for supper which was a nice time just the three of us, much less chaotic then with all her siblings the day before. The doctor called to tell us that her bone scan was normal so that was an added bonus to the night. I also found out that the doctor she has, that we met the first day is the head pediatric oncologist at the cancer clinic, the best in the province so thats kinda cool.

I guess not much of an update on her so much but I had such a rush and had to share - its the first time since Monday that I felt more normal!

Thanks so much for taking time to read my rants :)

Jeff

Ok so I went for a drive after work last night...went into the city to visit just me and them. I had to go since she has her biopsy today and I cant be there. The weather was getting pretty crazy with storm watches and heavy rain but I've driven in bad weather before so wasnt too worried. About 30 mins into the hour drive these really black clouds roll over me and the sky all around me is a soupy green colour. I have always heard about the green clouds but never actually seen them before. The rain picked up to monsoon levels, my wipers could barely keep up. Still nothing too bad, I've driven in blizzards that were far worse. About 65 yards out my passenger side window something catches my eye...a funnel cloud snaking its way to to the ground!! Surprisingly I was very calm and actually bitched about not having my camera with me! As far as I know it never touched down but I just kept driving and the weather got better.

Now they let Kyrra out again so I took her and my wife out for supper which was a nice time just the three of us, much less chaotic then with all her siblings the day before. The doctor called to tell us that her bone scan was normal so that was an added bonus to the night. I also found out that the doctor she has, that we met the first day is the head pediatric oncologist at the cancer clinic, the best in the province so thats kinda cool.

I guess not much of an update on her so much but I had such a rush and had to share - its the first time since Monday that I felt more normal!

Thanks so much for taking time to read my rants :)

Jeff

Thanks for the update, Jeff! Please continue to keep us posted. :)

... I also found out that the doctor she has, that we met the first day is the head pediatric oncologist at the cancer clinic, the best in the province so thats kinda cool...

Jeff, that is really REALLY cool! Take it from a guy who's had triple digit procedures and has medical problems that can't be fixed with modern technology, IF it does come to that point (NOT THAT IT WILL, but if it does), the BEST person to have on your side is someone who can roll with complications. It's wonderful if one is superb at performing the job they are required to in order to get successful results from a mapped system/strategy, but even better when they can remain calm and work miracles in the face of danger in the unexpected... Being the best oncologist in the province is not a self-proclaimed title. One must earn that kind of respect. It seems Kyrra is in the best of hands.

I'm soo sorry to hear what you and your family, especially lil' Kyrra, is going through. There are many people here lifting her up, and you have many a friend here if you need us. Stay Strong and Hopeful, for in truth, there is no reason not to, and it is what Kyrra most needs right now - your love and conviction in assurance that everything will be okay. No matter what happens,... Everything will be okay.

I'm here for ya, man. You guys are in my thoughts.

Ya know, I've always wanted to see a funnel cloud while at the same time I know it's the kind of thing I'd rather not see. I imagine that's quite a rush.

That's great that she saw the head honcho. My father-in-law is chief of oncology at a pediatric hospital. I can't imagine a better, more caring group of people.

I'm glad to hear you guys had a nice, (somewhat) relaxed night.

As far as the storm chasing goes, I had such a rush from that that Friday seemed to be such an awesome day and when the thunder rumbled today I was half way ready to grab my camera and go driving!

However I had a better reason not to since I got to go pick Melinda and Kyrra up and bring them home today! She made it through her needle biopsy fine, only one scary looking moment after it was done and she was on her way to the recovery room - Melinda said she was starting to wake up but they still had the breathing tube in her throat and she started chocking to the point that they had to use the breathing bag...I would have lost it to see that....but she was fine as soon as the tube was out and has been active ever since

now comes the next hard part - waiting for results...I'll update as I know more, and again Thank You, all!

Jeff

i have my fingers crossed that you'll get good news on those results for your daughter, jeff. hang in there, dude.

thanks for all the continued support, this week has been murder on my nerves. Normally my stance is no news is good news but in this case there has been no news all week and its driving me bonkers!! heres hoping for something this week, I'll let you know as soon as I know more, thanks!!

Jeff of the Miniacs