UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I need strength please

minijeff

So riding high on my news of schooling now gets crashed to the ground. My middle child, the middle girl of my triplets had to have a CT scan on thursday to check out what seemed to be a random calcification spotted during a chest xray. Well the Dr phoned today, Saturday so that right there does not lend itself to being good news. They feel the mass is cancer....I dont know what to think...her and her sisters are 2 months from being 5 years old...this isnt right...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, speaking as someone whose mother survived breast cancer in the 80's, it can be done. Remain positive and do whatever you need to to keep your daughters from seeing how scared you are.

Try to find a way to not let your mind drift into the negative, as hard as that may sound. Your family needs you to be a rock right now. If you need to vent and let off frustrations/fears, we're here for you as handsomedevil said.

My prayers are with you and your family and, probably, the most important thing you could do is to not let them see you being nervous. Just keep positive and remember that you have a family with us here at MMV in case you need anyone to talk to.

Happy thoughts go your way Jeff. Be strong as others have suggested and keep us posted.

this is a horrible thing to happen to anyone of any age, i'm very sorry to hear it

i'm not a praying man, but i may well give it a go for you and your family. I know it can't be at all easy, but as has been said, the most important thing you can do is try and remain strong/positive infront of the little ones

i'm sure she will be fine Jeff

So riding high on my news of schooling now gets crashed to the ground. My middle child, the middle girl of my triplets had to have a CT scan on thursday to check out what seemed to be a random calcification spotted during a chest xray. Well the Dr phoned today, Saturday so that right there does not lend itself to being good news. They feel the mass is cancer....I dont know what to think...her and her sisters are 2 months from being 5 years old...this isnt right...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Like everyone else has said, hang in there. Not all cancers are the same -- if it even turns out to be that in the end. (Doctors are wrong every day.) Stay positive, because kids (even as young as yours) can sense bad vibes & get all stressed out or worried.

You guys are in my thoughts as well. Let us know how things develop.

*hugs*