UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Choose Or Lose

QUICK. Choose your absolute favorite character of film for each one of the categories provided. The only boundaries, if you will, are that the character must be from a film that was from a maximum of two years back. In other words, you can't choose Charles Foster Kane. After each character choice you must provide a brief description of your choice. Game on.

I'll start (take not of the categories and keep them the same):

ANTAGONIST: Mr. Chow (The Hangover) was chosen because he epitomizes modern douche bagedness. He is also very eccentric, and makes up for what he lacks in stature with attitude.

PROTAGONIST: Hellboy (Hellboy II: The Golden Army) is my favorite protagonist from the last 5 years because of his evolution from the first movie to the second. In the first he was a very 2-D character but he experiences a catharsis and evolves in the second.

If you want to add new categories feel free to do so but keep the other ones as well.

ANTAGONIST: I can't think of one right now, I'll come back to this later. (My fault for not seeing too many movies these past couple of years that were new).

PROTAGONIST: Sherlock Holmes. I love the character and Robert Downey Jr only makes him better. I'm studying to become a private investigator myself and I love detectives, deductive reasoning, and observation.

Antagonist: Hans "The Jew Hunter" Landa of Inglorious Basterds. The very image of affably evil and overall the songle most fun villain to watch that I've seen in years. Christoph Waltz deserved every award he got.

Protagonist: Spock of Star Trek 2009: I enjoyed the portrayal of this character very much. There was true depth to him and real, well, emotion. He was obscenely well acted and just a fun character to watch in probably the most fun movie of 2009.

ANTAGONIST: I agree with Trekker 42, Col. Hans Landa of "Inglourious Basterds" is definitely the embodiment of all evil. The evil grin, the evil plan, the evil look, everything about Landa is freaky! Every time he was on-screen I was sitting at the edge of my seat and Christoph Waltz made it all that much better.

PROTAGONIST: Tallahassee from Zombieland was incredibly funny and active-- and he is totally badass. I have watched it 4 times, 40% at least because of him.

I'm pretty sure there's another character for the good guy, but he's at the top of my head right now. I can think of others like Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass, but I'll save her and others for other categories.

I'm just gonna feel like a copycat but whattayado when you agree wholeheartedly with what has already been said!

Antagonist-Hans Landa. Just the scene at the beginning of the movie in the cabin where he toys with the guy before having the floor blasted :blink: woah!

Protaganist-Sherlock Holmes just the two slow motion scenes that explain what he is going to do were enough to clinch this for me.