UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

World Cup 2010

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations USA you deserved to win the group.....

....however..... as always when the ol' country has it's back against the wall ...England comes through. Excellent performance with plenty of spirit & now I'm actually quite optimistic.

C'mon England :woot:

Im with you on this. USA game was super exciting, and yes we got smacked by the refs again. I really dont think its a conscious thing they are doing, its just a negative mindset....so they "assume" the US is doing something wrong even if they arent, and vice versa for the other team with "missing" fouls. But thats the game so whatever. This ref was sooooo much better than the last guy Couli..something. And I think the US has done so well partially because of the adversity. If they were heavy favorites and beloved by all from the beginning, i doubt they would have advanced. Hopefully, now that will change.

So happy we got to face England before they woke up. If we have to face them again, that'll be tough to say the least. Squaring up to be an interesting 16. Glad to see England and the USA advance, scary there for bit. Congrats to them! England can(and will hopefully) beat Germany and the US has a good shot against Ghana. Still fun to watch either way.

....however..... as always when the ol' country has it's back against the wall ...England comes through. Excellent performance with plenty of spirit & now I'm actually quite optimistic.

My wife wished for me to convey the opinion that Germany is not Slovenia. Take that as you will :)

My wife wished for me to convey the opinion that Germany is not Slovenia. Take that as you will :)

Now we know you are making it up, an American that could possibly know two foriegn countries that well is nonsense :) ( or point to them on a map. )

BHM is showing symptoms of something that is very British when it comes to sporting events, basically the idea is you build your team up way beyond anything that is reasonable... then when they perform in the usual mediocre fashion all british sporting teams do, you critise them to the point of destruction... and then keep flipping between these two states in an ever increasing frenzy... until you cant take it anymore then go to the pub to discuss how great/awful the current team is! :)

T.

Now we know you are making it up, an American that could possibly know two foriegn countries that well is nonsense :) ( or point to them on a map. )

Ah, but my wife is from Romania ;)

I can only claim complete ignorance on any of this.

Edited by karamazov80

BHM is showing symptoms of something that is very British when it comes to sporting events, basically the idea is you build your team up way beyond anything that is reasonable... then when they perform in the usual mediocre fashion all british sporting teams do, you critise them to the point of destruction... and then keep flipping between these two states in an ever increasing frenzy... until you cant take it anymore then go to the pub to discuss how great/awful the current team is! :)

T.

TBT is showing symptoms of ...er....um.....being Tim ....& being a 'rugger' chap. When it comes to sporting events or any other bloody thing for that matter the English.....the English .....English .....become what a layman like me would describe as 'tribal'. I am the least racially conscious & least-bigotted person you'll ever wish to meet ....until an England game starts & then I descend into some primitive bestial creature ,not good at all.

Tim ain't wrong though......is he ever ;)

As a very famous Liverpool F.C. manager was once asked "Someone said 'that Football is more important than life or death to you'......?"

Bill Shankly replied "Listen,it's more important than that"

:D

Bill Shankly was a Jock which unfortunately hinders him from becoming my all time great football-character .

As for Slovenia not being Germany, Mrs.K ..... tell that to the Germans*

* light-hearted European humour not intending any politico-socio offense

Much like this

My wife called me late this morning, and assuming I had kept an eye on the Brazil-Portugal match, simply said, "So. 0-0, huh?" I immediately launched into groans, moans, etc, "It was probably one of the most beautiful 0-0 draws though." Her response: "Oh, it was. They took off their shirts at the end." I'm running extra hard at the gym tonight...

My wife called me late this morning, and assuming I had kept an eye on the Brazil-Portugal match, simply said, "So. 0-0, huh?" I immediately launched into groans, moans, etc, "It was probably one of the most beautiful 0-0 draws though." Her response: "Oh, it was. They took off their shirts at the end." I'm running extra hard at the gym tonight...

yeah that was really cool to watch, Spain/Chile right now..also very interesting

If America wins, I wouldn't be surprised if someone kills the players. Blows up the bus or something. Then we can go to war over it. And it will be known as he Soccer War!

In a related note, this blog is killing me. They said "Oh, don't worry, each section will only take about an hour each. And you should have about 2 sections." Yeah, right. I haven't had less than 7 sections yet.

If America wins, I wouldn't be surprised if someone kills the players. Blows up the bus or something. Then we can go to war over it. And it will be known as he Soccer War!

Well, being someone working on a soccer blog, you might be interested to know that the U.S. lost today, and are out of the World Cup :lol:

And the WM keeps being pretty exciting with Chile, Argentina, Ghana, Mexico, Netherlands, Brazil, Portugal, Germany and England still in the turnament. Wait, hasn't something happened to England? Don't remember?

:P

Despite the result you are still my favourite German. We were rubbish.

Despite the result you are still my favourite German. We were rubbish.

England had a pretty good first half and that second goal was without a question a goal. It's a shame, but it's the rules. Whatever the referee says is the truth. However, I must confess that I really like the German team this year. That's not usual for me. But I really like that our coach, against the public and media opinion, stuck to the idea to come up with a team of very young and talented players. And I also like their mixed backgrounds: Having Germans players with Turkish, Ghanaian, Russian and Polish heritage in the team gives quite a good profile of our siciety. Very cool.

I'd never expected Brazil to lose to the Netherlands, although I always was a fan of the orange guys. And neither did I expected Germany to defeat Argentina THAT impressive! Four to nothing? I am very surpised. My favorit WorldCup final would be Germany vs. the Netherlands, but it still is a long way to go.

I'd never expected Brazil to lose to the Netherlands, although I always was a fan of the orange guys. And neither did I expected Germany to defeat Argentina THAT impressive! Four to nothing? I am very surpised. My favorit WorldCup final would be Germany vs. the Netherlands, but it still is a long way to go.

Brazil's loss to the Netherlands was to me more disappointing than the U.S.s loss. I would love to blame the loss on something like Netherlands taking dives, which they did, but really they just out played Brazil, and then Melo's idiotic move just did them in.

Yowzers. I expect Germany to beat the Netherlands in the final. But all four of these teams have been great. I had picked Spain going in, and while they are still a great suad, I just can't imagine them outplaying the unstoppable Germany. This is Germany's year to not only win, but to dominate. Their perfromance has really been the stuff of legend.