UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The 'Ghost Rider - Wave 15' Project

youbastards

Most of these minimates absolutely suck. Blackheart sucks, Roxanne sucks. Caretaker sucks. But the Ghost Rider himself and Mephistopheles are actually pretty damn good. This series would have BOMBED if it had happened though.

Whilst I completely agree with Trekker I must add that I am a tad jealous of those Wave 15' mates you have youbastards.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember the film too well, and so I have no idea what his cane looked like, but, didn't one of the Universal Monsters sets come with a cane? Might be better than nothing at all.

And like BHM I am also very jealous. A nice collection youbastards.

Edited by UK Collector

I dont remember the film too well, and so I have no idea what his cane looked like, but, didn't one of the Universal Monsters sets come with a cane? Might be better than nothing at all.

And like BHM I am also very jealous. A nice collection youbastards.

Skull head... Wolf head... Tomato tomahto. It might not be a bad idea to give him that one actually. Or you could put a tiny skull on half a Gambit staff and have a similar effect.

The TRU Moleman came with a small gold cane that might work a treat as well!

YB - hope you have ripped into the auctioner for not including it!

YB - hope you have ripped into the auctioner for not including it!

I asked him if he coukd look into any accessories for the test shots i've gotten from him, so we'll see. I get the impression he gets these from someone associated with the factory, and can only get what he gets.

• 7 months later...

I've found this thread through a link from Youbastards from my thread regarding Wave 15.

When I posted up originally about wanting the Caretaker, Blackheart & Mephisto I neglected to mention that my preference or tastes would be around the comic book versions.

Two Pictures I have for examples.

Blackheart

2535411459_e6a95d8bff.jpg

Mephisto

466735066_498ea89e4b.jpg

Out of the original Wave 15 that was cancelled i'd still be interested in remaking the Caretaker, this isn't something I can jump into immediately as I do have my funds elsewhere with DC & the Batcave rebuild. But I do plan on returning to it at a later date.

Given that the response by most people on the Wave 15 release was limited interest, I agree in principle with peoples comments about the figures, because it was based off the GR Movie you got Minimates based off the characters in that movie so ended up with a rather civilian looking line, compare them now to figures Like Mr.Sinister and the recent MvC character releases, in terms of detail and design they are way off the mark.

Because the Movie has now passed Zach mentioned they have a limited time to make them and once its gone its gone, I'd hope the only accurate way we could get Blackheart & Mephisto would be the Midnight Sons pack mentioned in the thread, failing that its custom alley!

For what it's worth i do love seeing the pre-production figures shown by Youbastards, it's great you've tracked these down and i like all the ideas & suggestions posted up by everyone. :)

Even though I am not overly fond of the movie designs i am appreciative of the effort shown to fill the gaps in Minimate collections.

Rich

Rich, we actually already got a comic book version of Mephisto a couple of years back...

That is freakin Awesome!!! :biggrin:

I'll be adding him to my wants list without a doubt, well that at least takes care of one of them without needing to do a custom. Thanks for the link I honestly didn't know they'd made him. :pinch:

In my own style and preference that just leaves Blackheart & the Caretaker. :)

Rich

• 11 months later...