UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The 'Ghost Rider - Wave 15' Project

youbastards

This will probably mean nothing to you BHM, but IIRC Stephen King himself stated that the misspelling of the word "cemetery" was intentional. It was intended to evoke how children often misspelled "big words" like those at that age, and the plot does sort of center around a couple of kids.

Again, probably irrelevant to you.

Far from it Northraider .....that actually stirs my memory. In the movie (I haven't seen it for years) doesn't it show somewhere a rickety old wooden ,hand-written sign with the words Pet Semetary on it ??? Maybe ,maybe not?

What I should have checked was the fact that 'Semetary' is not the way cemetry is spelled in the USA which means that I totally missed the irony .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should announce a damn Groundhog Day box set and cancel it just to spite you, GH. Just to spite you.

The irony of it would be that they would continue to announce it and cancel it everyday, over and over again (or at least until the day I finally wake up with an Andie MacDowell Minimate in bed with me).

I wanted a Rocky 3 set as much as the next child of the 80's (and think DST missed a great opportunity with it), but I'm just saying this GR thing is bad news.

how about using the gloves from Vigo(from GB II) for Ghost Rider.

Those ARE closer if you want to try and paint them, yeah.

Overall, I'm goad we didn't get this wave. Why? Because there is no Skeleton Caretaker. I'd LOVE to have that badass looking Ghost Rider and I'd love a Skeleton Caretaker because those were awesome characters. However the rest of the wave? A total Meh in my book.

I agree that this wave was a bit of a miss. Ghost Rider was the only one worth having as it was shown. They had four elemental demons to choose from, as well as a demonic look for Blackheart, and instead we get an army of civilians armed only with shovels.

If we could have tossed in some reversible or swappable parts for Blackheart and dropped the transformation Johnny Blaze for a Ghost Rider Caretaker, we probably could have salvaged the wave. You'd still have civilians outnumbering the colorful characters, but the balance would be closer. Of course, the lack of the bike, which should count as a character in and of itself, makes anything Ghost Rider related a hard sell.

As for the potential of these resurfacing should a second movie come out, I doubt it for the same reason we didn't see a Green Goblin or Doc Ock come out when Spider-Man 3 shipped. DST's movie licenses are under more time constraint than Hasbro's.

Looking at them now, I'm really glad these didn't get released, there are problems all over the place.

The likenesses are sub par, the character selection is just terrible, and the sculpted pieces really look like they're stuck in a very negative in-between style of the simpler older Minimates and the detailed new ones. To be honest, I have maybe 5 Minimates that I haven't taken apart and repainted into somebody else, and I wouldn't even buy these things for parts.

I think pretty much everything is covered. Mephistopheles' face looks familiar to William Defoe's "Platoon" character, or maybe Blonsky with the stubble removed.

And sorry for continuing to rant, but those GR gloves are the most awfully designed pieces ever. I'd take 1,000 duck feet and kissy-face Black Spiderman masks before those :sick:

Thanks for the pix Ivan, very nice to see.

Now that everyone has ranted about how glad they are that these didn't come out and that they wouldn't buy them if they could, can we please get the thread back on track for identifying parts? :confused:

Do I detect a mere,perhaps slight, maybe tiny, bit of frustration here ?????

Is there a thread dedicated to cancelled lines/waves? Beverly Hills Cop, Godfather, the missing BSG mates...etc?

Cripes, is the flame hair from the Invaders Human Torch glued on???

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. By far the trickiest one I've faced yet!

Edited by youbastards

:)

Here's the recipe:

Flame Hair/Fireball accessory: Invaders Torch (The Invaders Torch flame hair is slightly "orange-ier" than the Champions GR flame hair piece)

Head: Champions Ghost Rider

Feet/Ankle Guards/Wrist Guards/Chest: X-Force Wolverine

Jacket: Terminator 2 T-800:

Arms/Legs/Hands/Crotch: Various random black Minimate pieces

Chain: Original Ghost Rider accessory

Is there a thread dedicated to cancelled lines/waves? Beverly Hills Cop, Godfather, the missing BSG mates...etc?

There's a section about it: Minimates of Licenses Past. Feel free to muck around in there. It's not used much.

Caretaker

- Hat/hair from Back to the Future 3 Doc Brown (SUB)

ghmmcaretaker.jpg

This figure is the one I wanted most from this wave, but ever time I see it I'm kinda glad we didn't get it.

We need a Cowboy Sam Elliot minimate (I'd prefer his character from 'the Big Lebowski though, just so we could get the rest of the Big Lebowski mates to go with him), however this one looks NOTHING like Sam Elliot, a cobbled together mate with a random head (might I suggest General Ross, for extra 'could have been' ness) and Doc's hat would probably look more like a Cowboy Sam Elliot as the 'real' one.

• 7 months later...