UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New SDCC Set - 90's X-Men!

boyd

Bishop was pretty frequently drawn without them, especially in the Romita Jnr days (around Uncanny 304ish).

Ah, cool. It's even harder to keep track since some characters lose their pupils when they power up or put on a mask :P

Hey if these are all reused parts, where is the Jubilee jacket from? I can't place it...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bishop was pretty frequently drawn without them, especially in the Romita Jnr days (around Uncanny 304ish).

Ah, cool. It's even harder to keep track since some characters lose their pupils when they power up or put on a mask :P

Hey if these are all reused parts, where is the Jubilee jacket from? I can't place it...

Multiple Man I think.

Multiple Man I think.

Nah, Origins Sabretooth. ;)

very nice- she is sweet and the chest and feet? custom or other parts swap if you dont mind me asking?

Ah, sorry.

Movie Gwen Stacy torso, Mr. Fantastic crotch & upper legs, Powergirl lower legs/feet/gloves. ;)

What's still left to do 90s style.

Villains

Mastermold

Juggernaut

Mr. Sinister

Shadow King (Ghostbusters style)

Omega Red

Nimrod

Proteus

Mojovision Boxset

Mojo

Spiral

Longshot

Dazzler

Alpha Flight

Snowbird

Vindicator

Puck

Sasquatch

Shaman

Northstar/Aurora

Dark Phoenix Theme

Black Tom Cassidy

Erik the Red

Lilandra

Gladiator

Deathbird

Starjammers

Shi'ar Imperial Guard

Brotherhood Boxset

Mystique

Avalanche

Pyro

Blob

Morlocks

Callisto

Leech

others

Random Civilians

Dr. Moira McTaggart

Henry Peter Gyrich

Graydon Creed

Senator Robert Kelly

Bolivar Trask

Undone Heroes

Banshee

Nightcrawler

Charles Xavier

Morph

Forge

Savageland Boxset

Shanna the She-Devil

Sauron

Ka-Zar

Mr. Sinister

Gah-dang! That list is depressing! :(

(Though, I'd rather have chrome armor helmeted & blue caped Lilandra than black bathing suit Lilandra.)

Edited by TENIME_art

Tenime, I'm curious. When you say you hate the Cannonball's Ne Mutant costume, are you referring to the basic black and gold outfit? Does that mean you hate that costume on everyone, or just as it applies to Cannonball? I'm curious because I happen to love the New Mutants basic training uniform. I think it's the snappiest, most stylish standard X-Uniform there has been. Really, how could that possible be worse than the pink/magenta monstrosity that is the Hellion uniform?

This X-Men set has been getting some bashing, but I think Bishop looks about as good as he could. The hair works just fine for me. I never would thought the kerchief would need to be anything more than painted on. Accessories like that have a danger of becoming too big and cartoon-looking as well as getting in the way. I think the belt, the shoulder bands, and the nice little arm bands have done a good job of bulking Bishop up. The only thing missing is a gun, which I'm betting will be a reuse of one of Cable's.

Magneto is sharp. That is a fun and unexpected design. I'm glad for it. Jubilee's lack of sculpted glasses is a disappointment, but by no means a dealbreaker. I'd rather have this than no Jubilee at all. And Wolverine is, well, useless. And since he has Youngblood's Disease, it's only a matter of time before his chest swells to planetary proportions and his feet disappear.

I like the flipped collar of Jubilee's coat. That's how I recall her. I tried to do a google image search, but I ended up finding this, and my searching just kind of stopped. I mean no disrespect to the cosplayers of the world, and these people did a fune job, but I'm not sure why Gambit is clutching Wolverine's chest.

Yeah, the flipped collar is pretty on-model as I recall. It would be cool if they added some of the rounded ankle cuffs (X-Force Wolvie or Iron Man) on her upper legs for the rolled-up jeans shorts effect.

And I hope you're right, BHM, but I have a bad feeling what we see is what we're gonna get. Aside from Domino's hair in the X-Force set (and I'm not even 100% sure about that one), there's not a single new piece in any of the SDCC sets.

post-238-1276289278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobsterman

Well, the only saving grace about the painted on glasses is that Jubilee will have a face that is all even. Not like that Cap where the mask and eyes were off and you had to move the mask up high to get things to line up right. Still bummed about those 90s shades, though. That was a defining characteristic of hers to me in that era. Maybe she has fireworks attachments? I can hope, right?

Just got the news from a retailer friend - Diamond will be offering an exclusive X-Men box set for San Diego:

post-66-1276036135_thumb.jpg

Battle Damaged Wolverine! Classic Bishop! Magneto in an outfit from the 80's! And Jubilee!

not a bad lil' set. jubilee's drawn-on shades and bishop's drawn on bandanna look kind of crappy, though.

The set still just doesn't feel like it has big draw power to it. I felt like last year's sets all had at least one figure that was stand-out cool them-Iron Patriot, Radioactive Man, Ares (who could have been the best figure of the year, period). I just don't get that from this one. They're all okay, but who's the big draw? Magneto trying to look like those punks who think it's cool to make your own tank top by ripping out the sleeves? I don't think so. This set needed a 90's Colossus or a villian we haven't had in a set before to really wow me.

this set is awfull, i made a custom bishop from the new cyclops and a black panther head that looks bettter than that, and the jubilee is awfull, i love the character but c'mon... ever hear of detailing? the glasses BETTER come off, the magneto is cool, but theres so many other characters that could have filled that spot. wow another battle damaged wolverine....

7172d1276176568-diamond-previews-sdcc-20

Here's a better quality picture (not sure if it's been posted already)?

I hope the final set improves and has more details and accessories

As this is supposed to be a 90's set, I would've preferred a Mr. Sinister, Morph, Forge, Banshee, Omega Red or Juggernaut instead of that 80's Magneto and pointless Wolverine.