UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who Deserves an Update?

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought pretty much echo the populace...

Classic Thor (I was always disappointed with the final result. Make him slimmer with a better cape and hair sculpt)

Rhino (Powerhouse. Keep the same headpiece.)

Juggernaut (Powerhouse)

Nick Fury (I personally think a four pack of SHIELD agents with interchangeable heads and accessories would own.)

Daredevil (I'd take the MK one, but it lacks arm and leg detailing)

Dr. Doom (with a two-piece flowing cloak and better armor detailing)

That being said, I can live without seeing these updates if I continue to see quality new characters. :]

Nick Fury (I personally think a four pack of SHIELD agents with interchangeable heads and accessories would own.)

Fury, Dum Dum, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill with, say 4 extra heads and hairpieces would be awesome. Not sure if it could sell, though. Maybe replace Hill with Wolverine in Shield outfit.

post-1827-1264793273_thumb.jpg

Nick Fury- black suit, new hair, bad-ass face, guns, jetpack. (check out Bob Harris' custom)

I'm honored and since I'm pretty comfortable with that one, I personally don't need a new one. But I made the custome, because I felt his mate wasn't that good.

Rhino - although I'm afraid they'll mess him up in a Hulk way

Iron Fist - you got all the parts you need, it's just a little update

616 SHIELD Soldier - wolud this be considered as an updated verison?

Fury, Dum Dum, Sharon Carter, Maria Hill with, say 4 extra heads and hairpieces would be awesome. Not sure if it could sell, though. Maybe replace Hill with Wolverine in Shield outfit.

post-1827-1264793273_thumb.jpg

OR how about the first Minimate crossover

1-1.jpg

Iron Fist - He needs his newer costume

Nightcrawler - Especally if they either give him his swords or hands with the sword as part of it (as I'm not sure how easy it would be to keep the sword in his hands)

Scarlet Spider - I know I'm probably going to get hit for this, but I felt the Scarlet we got was... Lacking. As you might tell from my avatar, Scarlet is one of my all time favourite Spidey costumes, yet I was a little dissapointed with what we got. The web shooters were painted on, which is odd when previous minimates of Ben had them as seperate pieces. I also felt the pouches on his legs could have been seperate, he could (perhaps) have a powerhouse chest piece for his hoodie and a slip-on mask (I realise I'm probably the only one who liked it on Spidey) with a blonde hair piece.

- Juggernaut ( Would love him to be as large as Iron Monger)

- Fantastic Four

- Storm (90s version is a good start but a modern version would be good, too)

- Luke Cage

- Absorbing Man (packed with Titania!)

- Cable (modern)

- Scarlet Spider (with Rocky's hoodie)

- She-Hulk

- Emma Frost (I agree about the cape)

- Nick Fury

- Nightcrawler

- Wasp (modern)

Nick Fury - Something Sternako-like would be ideal.

Juggernaut - He looks so small these days. Almost like an unstoppable midget.

Luke Cage - Sucked so hard (a painted on cap? Really?) and a new Luke Cage in jeans and a t-shirt would be so easy to do, and yet it has never happened. It needs to happen.

I'd also like to jump on BHM's dead-horse-point and say that now would be a good time to see about doing 3" Marvel Minimates.

After thinking about it for a nice while, I agree with almost every suggestion posted in this thread, and would also like to see an updated Mary Jane at some point. (Strangely the old Gwen Stacy 'mate looks just fine.)

... think there's a chance we might see Bridal Gown MJ at some point? Screw Mephisto and JoeQ, that wedding was comics history dammit! :P

Would LOVE to see the wedding costume MJ . . . but how would they do it?

I think she'd need some sort of attachment to replace her legs, to give the MiniMate that 'Mermaid Tail' look. . .

I forgot some of the others I wanted to say:

Colossus - As much as I like the two we have so far, I wouldn't mind seeing another one. I've not read much X-Men but I read he had a different costume in the 80's (I believe I also saw a custom of it) and feel that would make a great minimate.

Spider-Man 2099 - Like Scarlet, this is one of my favourite Spidey costumes, and Miguel as a whole is a good variant on Spidey in general (shame he was booted off Exiles). With the improvements we see now a days in mind, I find it a little dissapointing this mate seems a little rushed. Though the paint job is fine, I do feel it could be improved to become a little more detailed. While a clawed hand won't be the best way to represent his talons, it's something I'd like to see (unless they do a palm half like accessory, similar to the repulsor rays we've seen with Iron Man). A slipon mask could also be given to him, perhaps with the face under it showing his pointed teeth. And they forgot his cape, one of the more iconic aspects of his design.

Any Cosmic Marvel character released so far - I've really grown to love the cosmic side of Marvel and would like to see updated/improved versions of the characters. Super Skrull is definitly first on my list, especally if they're giving Reed some new accessories in the upcoming TRU set. I'm sure many fans would also like to see older incarnations of Nova and Gamora, while I'd like to see updated versions of Drax and Adam (Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favourite reads at the moment).

Sandman - Both of the 616 Sandman mates are OK but could be better. The first doesn't quite have the level of detail we have today and the second was a little weird. I was all for a sand form, but why translucent brown?! The sold pink we saw in previews was better (maybe not perfect)! Granted the movie version is everything I'm looking for, but I'd like to see something similar based around 616's incarnation, especally if they include the sand blasts the second 616 version had. I thought they were great!

Edited by Caracal

On the 3" scale thing, I'm totally for it, but hasn't Chuck (or someone) said it's not just a Marvel license restriction, but that DST specifically doesn't want to do Marvel 'mates in that scale? It was my understanding that the 3" DC 'mates were direction from DCD as a customer, not DST's decision.

It's a shame, because all of the workarounds like duck feet, waist boosters and powerhouse chests just look goofy compared to a physically bigger figure.

Edited by Lobsterman

The boys had a few snow days, so we just this week spent an afternoon playing with our entire Marvel collection in the living room floor. (and had as many parts when we packed up as when we started, always a plus) So after sending some quality time with them, I have a few more on my I would mind seeing, but not clamoring for a redo list:

Vision. I like the figure overall, but I'd preferred it either all phased, or not at all. Okay, I'd really like it not phased at all, thanks. Know what you were going for and it works better than with Kitty, but I'd rather a plain old Vision. ... Okay, what's I'd rather is a three pack with one normal non-phased Vision, one completely phased Vision, and one Super Dense Vision as depicted by Perez. (GP always had Viz colored with darker shades of yellow and green, and drew heavier shadows around his face and eyes when he was at his heaviest density and I still think it looked cool) But I complete understand how unprofitable that would be for DST to make a three pack to please one guy.

Iceman. Yeah, I know, we just got two of him. But I'm looking for a regular no snow, no X chest Iceman who doest look badly constipated. (the evil aspect of his powers we never knew) The old one, be he clear, frosted, or blue, looks angrier than I ever, ever remember seeing Bobby.

As Caracal said, Super Skrull is in need of a makeover. He just seems... less than the standard Skrull army builders. Apparently the big crotch matters more than the powered up hands after all.

Classic Thor. Thor wins the A for Effort award. Individually the new parts made for him look great. But somehow, the mate always looks like Kid-Thor wearing his daddy's clothes. The wave 33 Thor looks to have solved some of those issues, but a redo of classic Thor would be very welcome. Ye Verily.

We need another Jan-Wasp figure just so we can have more Wasp costumes.

We need another Jan-Wasp figure just so we can have more Wasp costumes.

I would be VERy happy to see another Wasp Mate.

While i love that we got Janet with the Avengers set, i always felt she was a little . . . bulky. What with the shirt & the gloves & the slip-on mask and the wing-holder thing . . . know you could slim her down to the basics. . . But I'd really like to see this version made:

post-2737-1265351134_thumb.jpg

With just a basic block, painted with the costume, and her wings held in place with the smaller wing-holder they used on here first mini.

Agreed, that is quite a lovely version of Jan-Wasp I would've liked seeing. Not sure how much chance she's got being remade now that she's dead and all though.

It would probably be cool if DST released her in a regular wave, with Hank Pym's current Mighty Avengers Wasp costume as a variant.

Given how much Marvel is pimping out the new Hank Pym Wasp outfit, I'd switch that around to make him the regular release and Janet the variant.

Luke Cage - The 70's one was nice (but limited) - the New Avengers one is terrible. Desperately needs an update.

Iron Fist - See above RE: Luke Cage. Could use an update and a Randall variant.

Elektra - I hate to think of Minimates as "sexy" but they have gotten more attractive over the years and Elektra always was supposed to be a total hottie.

Invisible Woman - Needs a ponytail version that doesn't make her look like a 50's throwback.

Professor X - Hoverchair anyone?

Nick Fury - He's back in the game but his Minimate is nowhere to be found.

Scarlet Spider - I know I'm probably going to get hit for this, but I felt the Scarlet we got was... Lacking. As you might tell from my avatar, Scarlet is one of my all time favourite Spidey costumes, yet I was a little dissapointed with what we got. The web shooters were painted on, which is odd when previous minimates of Ben had them as seperate pieces. I also felt the pouches on his legs could have been seperate, he could (perhaps) have a powerhouse chest piece for his hoodie and a slip-on mask (I realise I'm probably the only one who liked it on Spidey) with a blonde hair piece.

Are you kidding? This is my number one pick for needing an update. The web shooters are painted on sloppy, the ankle packs are brown smudges, his hoodie is flat and no removable mask.

After thinking about it for a nice while, I agree with almost every suggestion posted in this thread, and would also like to see an updated Mary Jane at some point. (Strangely the old Gwen Stacy 'mate looks just fine.)

... think there's a chance we might see Bridal Gown MJ at some point? Screw Mephisto and JoeQ, that wedding was comics history dammit!

Mary Jane is the second on my list. I'd like any MJ but her wedding dress is her other iconic look. And really I'd think it would be hilarious. "No, Mary Jane never got married!" :P

Nightcrawler: Just because he's impossible to find but he has a lot of looks to choose from.

Professor X: Hover chair and with the 90s X-Men out he could wear the "action" outfit he wore on the cartoon.

Edited by Starlight

I agree i know theres not many that did but i really enjoyed the clone saga (ok i'll admit it was way to long)

and we really need and up date of scarlet spider with a proper hoodie, web shooter etc

and hawkeye with a selection of arrows (including a pointy one ) a slimmed down costume (like bullseye)

and a hair piece.