UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Danny

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/06/thunde..._a_new_cart.php

YES! I was always amazed that Thundercats - which was up there for kids cartoons in the 80s - had not been redone for today's kids.

I'm really excited for this, especially as it'll give my brother the chance to find out what the RUINED FOREVER meme is all about. He loved Thundercats.

Hopefully this'll mean toys, but sadly it looks like Mattel have the license so no-one will actually be able to buy them except for outrageous prices on eBay.

Four Horsemen Thundercats toys might be worth going broke over... that is, assuming they made the '80s versions, or at least didn't do too much to "hip up" the characters for the new series.

Thundercats was easily my fave cartoon as a kid, so fingers crossed the quality's high on this. And here's hoping they choose not to inflict Snarf on a new generation! :P

OMG, If they did Thundercats minimates I think I would pass out. I was actually thinking about custom Thundercat mates the other day and wonder if anyone did them already.

OMG, If they did Thundercats minimates I think I would pass out. I was actually thinking about custom Thundercat mates the other day and wonder if anyone did them already.

Drawback to that is, as horrible as Matty is in terms of distribution and fulfilling demand, they produced some top notch toys. I have no idea how Bandai will do, or what they have done frankly.

I was a casual Thundercats fan as a kid, having a few toys and watching an episode here or there. But it could never compete with my love for Transformers or GI Joe. It bought a Thundercats DVD awhile back and tried watching it. Honestly, I was bored to tears.

Drawback to that is, as horrible as Matty is in terms of distribution and fulfilling demand, they produced some top notch toys. I have no idea how Bandai will do, or what they have done frankly.

I was a casual Thundercats fan as a kid, having a few toys and watching an episode here or there. But it could never compete with my love for Transformers or GI Joe. It bought a Thundercats DVD awhile back and tried watching it. Honestly, I was bored to tears.

Me too. It's funny how we romanticize thing that we like as kids it's that reason that I won't go back and watch the old He-man cartoon I don't want to ruin it. Even going back and looking at the characters from Thundercats they all looked like they lived their secret identities as circus clowns.

I can actually still watch and really enjoy the old GI Joe and Transformers cartoons, but Thundercats did nothing for me. I tried to re-watch He-Man about a year ago, and man. It was baaaad.

I found the animation and music in Thundercats to hold up a lot better than many of the other '80s cartoons I've gone back to. The actual writing varied wildly, but there were some good episodes.

I remember watching an old Ninja Turtles episode online, when Youtube first came out, and I couldn't wrap my brain around just how bad it was. Or that I'd spent endless hours of my life watching the stuff. I just got some Transformers DVDs out of the library and they're pretty bad, but at least in a funny way.

Bandai is a weird choice. I know they make anime vinyl and robot figs in Japan, but here I only know them from their crappy Teen Titans cartoon figs and Power Rangers. From that I'd expect a Thundercats line to be more shiny plastic kids toys than collector-friendly figures, but who knows.

I'm happy if I can see the Bandai figs on shop shelves. Buying a toyline exclusively through online means gets me down.

However I'm not sure how good their sculpts will be if it's Bandai. I kinda had visions of a Four Horsemen redesigned line *drool*

I haven't watched the old series in years but did get the comics a few years ago, which I did enjoy. Battle of the Planets, Thundercats and Transformers were all out in comic form. Good times :)

Lion-O custom Minimate form way back when. I remember seeing this in Toyfare and the date on this custom con is 2004.

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/customzone/...okinski2rep.htm

Sorry but dont remember who the customiser is for this.

That would be ME. Yup! Toyfare commissoned me to make that sucker way back in my early minimate customizing days. Thanks for the memories.

No doubt it will be tremendously dumbed down and filled with juvenile toilet humor to appeal to today's audiences.

I don't know, looking at the pedigree of the producers mentioned in that article, Teen Titans and Brave And The Bold were both a lot of fun, and Avatar was one of the best TV series I've ever watched. Never seen Ben10 so I have no idea if that's a pro or con, but I'm definitely going to give this a try when it comes out.

No doubt it will be tremendously dumbed down and filled with juvenile toilet humor to appeal to today's audiences.

I don't know, looking at the pedigree of the producers mentioned in that article, Teen Titans and Brave And The Bold were both a lot of fun, and Avatar was one of the best TV series I've ever watched. Never seen Ben10 so I have no idea if that's a pro or con, but I'm definitely going to give this a try when it comes out.

I agree, Teen Titans and Avatar are both great. I haven't seen BATB yet, though. For that matter, I still haven't even seen the original Thundercats. :P (I was always more of a TMNT kid, myself; heck, I still am. :D).