UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Con '10 meetup?

Lobsterman

I wish I was going :(

If only to meet some of you nutters in person

That would be the only reason I would want to go. Dealing with hordes of sweaty nerds, to see stuff that will be posted online anyway, and to get exclusive toys you have to lag back home somehow? No thanks.

The confirmation number is clearly shown in the main page that has been emailed to me . In the attachment to the email I can view a barcode in the script which is quite clear but has the words 'access denied' printed underneath. To be fair to you, Alen & Tim, I've not tried to print anything yet so perhaps all will come to light.

Is amused given your former trade that you are having issues printing stuff :D

You should be fine, just write that confirmation number down and take it with you.

T.

BHM, I pretty much had the same issue as you in my Comcast mailbox, it didn't print out the complete e-mail. Here's what I did to fix the issue, hope it helps. I forwarded the message to my Yahoo account. Once there I hit the print option and then the print preview to make sure the entire e-mail is there. At this point everything was and I just hit the print button. Anyway, not sure if you have a generic or backup mailbox, but you might give that a shot. LMK if that works better for you ;)

As far as meeting up, I'd love to. Unfortunately with a 1 year old in tow, I don't think I can commit to the usual bar meet up. Not to mention it's going to be nuts from what I heard from friends who went last year. While it has been manageable in the past, this year I'm not so sure and more than a little worried. Especially since I'll be one of those buttheads with a stroller, with the exception that my child will actually be in his :P Otherwise I'll check the damn thing with box of goodies. That's definitely something that has ticked me off as an attendee, folks using the stroller as a carry case. Pay the fee to check your stuff you cheap bastard :mellow:

Edited by The_Donster

I wish I was going :(

If only to meet some of you nutters in person

That would be the only reason I would want to go. Dealing with hordes of sweaty nerds, to see stuff that will be posted online anyway, and to get exclusive toys you have to lag back home somehow? No thanks.

You make it sound like hard work .....which it can be!

It's an adventure ....a pretty damn expensive adventure...but an adventure none the less. If it were just for the toys I wouldn't be going but watching & talking to other people absolutely in love with 'stuff' is ,for me, mind-blowing. There are far better things to do with my dwindling finances but before they completely run out ,I thought "bollocks I'm going....I could be dead next year". My friends in the UK know of my 'hobbies' & are quite polite....they no longer openly laugh....but they just don't 'get it'........at SDCC that just doesn't apply .....kindred souls.

There does however seem to be a conspiracy at work & it's working against me going to SDCC. The latest 'spanner in the works' is that my flight booking which I made late this afternoon now has a 'query...despite the fact that it had been confirmed earlier (email). I shan't be able to sort it until tomorrow which sucks ....nothing's easy is it?

Just once I would love to go...but this year is the one year I REALLY would like to go. I SO want a lot of exclusives offered this year, but doubt I'll find anyone going that is willing to try and get any of them for me along with whatever they're going to get for themselves...

DC Universe Classics Plastic Man from Mattel

G.I.Joe 25th/ME Sgt. Slaughter from Hasbro

90's X-Men, X-Force Marvel Minimates sets from DST/AA

I got someone last year to get me the Wonder Twins aith Gleek last year, but I haven't seen or heard from them since.

lol you're completly right T, but that's was the point. MMMV needs a bit of dirty upm in this piece

Been there quite a few times myself and god bless bars with bra's. But on a serious note, it'd be an easy landmark to find, as it is right off the trolley line. We wouldn't have to stay there past the obligitory shot and picture of the place, it's close to Little Italy which is a much better place to hold an actual 'elbows up' type of gathering.

so, more of a meeting point.

Jason4444 I know you're down for a pub crawl, any other takers?

I'm now 100% IN. So 616 ......is it decided? Shall we all wear red carnations.... or Riot Spideys....on our lapels?

Should I ask the Shocker Bros. to join us?

So may questions ....so little beer.

I'm now 100% IN.

damn

Oh, sorry, did I say that aloud? :D

So 616 ......is it decided? Shall we all wear red carnations.... or Riot Spideys....on our lapels?

Should I ask the Shocker Bros. to join us?

So may questions ....so little beer.

Riot Spideys sound good, Shocker Bros not so good (which is why I avoided your hotel choice of last year ;) ), more beer always good.

SO: any word on a MM panel? Booking an At-the-Con meet up near the time of the panel makes sense.

Edited by Cappy

From the just-released Saturday sked:

2:30-3:30 Diamond Select Toys Presents: Minimates!— See the exciting new direction that Diamond Select is taking Minimates, with an in-depth look at new lines such as MAX (Mobile Action X-treme), Calico Jack Pirate Raiders, and Halo! These new lines offer a playability feature that will take the Minimates brand to a whole new level and put them in a league of their own! Plus, get the latest new on continuing lines like Marvel, Ghostbusters, and more. Learn all about the #1 block figure in the world! Room 4

So, want to meet for lunch somewhere first?

My sister planned a party for me during the exact hours of the panel. now that's some crazy bad luck. Can't miss the party, so yet another year of being at the con and missing the minimate panel.

Got to love those family obligations.

but on another note:I made a magnetic riot spidey pin, so thanks for the good idea. So if you see any one witha riot spider-man on their padres hat, that's me.

Edited by 616commando

As far as meeting up, I'd love to. Unfortunately with a 1 year old in tow, I don't think I can commit to the usual bar meet up. Not to mention it's going to be nuts from what I heard from friends who went last year. While it has been manageable in the past, this year I'm not so sure and more than a little worried. Especially since I'll be one of those buttheads with a stroller, with the exception that my child will actually be in his :P Otherwise I'll check the damn thing with box of goodies. That's definitely something that has ticked me off as an attendee, folks using the stroller as a carry case. Pay the fee to check your stuff you cheap bastard :mellow:

See, I've been gone way too long. Now I got to work on a Mini-Don in stroller pic to go along with this one ;)

Don at Comic Con

donster.jpg

:lol: Now that takes me back Lurch :lol: That will still be basically my look except now the messenger bag has become a diaper bag and I'll be pushing a stroller :P

Hey all,

I haven't been around the MMMV that much lately, but I will be at SDCC and am looking forward to meeting up with everyone again, and I might even be talked into meeting up for drinks at some points.