UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dragon Action Figure minis

Fearfulsymmetry

After school today I headed over to Toy Tokyo's new location. They've moved recently, and have a lot more space, showing of lots of stuff I never saw that was presumably in storage. I was checking the rack with all the keychains, when I saw a strange package on the shelf. It showcased a Chris Redfield minifigure that seemed like a combination of a playmobil figure, a lego figure, a Kubrick and a Minimate. There was no price tag, and the package made it obvious it was preowned, so I presumed it was rare and expensive. The people that worked there had no idea what it was and said I could get it for $4.99! Score! Anyways, just looked it up, there made by Dragon models, and most of the Licenses aren't big in the USA besides Resident Evil. I'd like to get the other RE figures, but these are pretty old, and I only found Claire online. Anyone here know about these guys?

Here's the link

http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/minis-2.html

And toy Tokyo's site

http://www.toytokyo.com/

Yeah I've seen and heard of them before, they sometimes show up on ebay. I also think they have been mentioned on here before BUT I have no idea where you'd find them though ( Northraider care to work your mojo thing on this one?)

I don't think they are particularly valuable and I've only seen the clare and chris, are you saying there are more out there?

I never actually bought one cos I think they are fugly! :)

T.

I don't think they are particularly valuable and I've only seen the clare and chris, are you saying there are more out there?

T.

The site has pictures of Jill and Leon.

I didn't look at the site ;)

T.

Yeah I've seen and heard of them before, they sometimes show up on ebay. I also think they have been mentioned on here before BUT I have no idea where you'd find them though ( Northraider care to work your mojo thing on this one?)

Awww I'm flattered TBT! :biggrin:

Anyways this looks like the old thread where these where first brought up.

Cappy mentioned something about their accessories being in scale with Minimates somehow. I'd be interested in seeing this in action!

The first figure I clicked on was named Iron Pussy. I am scared of these!

I'm kind of freaked out by them, too. (No offense, FS.) There's such a randomness to their licensing -- some video game, some sports, some HK movie, some anime.... & then Ricky Martin??

Yep, they really are like Playmobil with more articulation. Pretty sure Dragon is no longer making them, except perhaps the odd promo figure. I will say that the production value and QC are quite good on them.

• 6 months later...