UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone tried making a Phantom Rider? The variant White Tiger's head looks pretty similar. Just give him a cowboy hat (I think there have been a few characters that came with one), paint it white if necessary, give him a white cape (plenty of those around), an all-white body with a belt, boots, and gloves, and voila! Might be worth a try.

Been thinking the same thing. The hat from Blondie(good,bad & ugly set would be the best).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never quite happy with the hands and feet DST gave Dark Beast. Those terrible movie Sabretooth clawed hands never should have made it to production let alone get reused for Mephisto or Dark Beast. Anyway, I needed DB for my latest Minibar comic and decided to give him and upgrade by repainting UM Wolfman's hands and feet. The paint is not matched 100% perfect, but it's close. What do you guys think?

th_Dbeast1.jpgth_Dbeast2.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Wow - VERY nice, Mini_Myte!

I think it's an improvement.

I was never 100% satisfied with how DB turned out. You've just made him a lot better. Now if we can do something about his hair - he'll be just right.

Great work. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Well, considering DST said there are “no current plans for comic-based Ghost Rider figures,” (maybe we will get one in a Marvel-Capcom wave?) I thought I would finally get around to modifying my Target wave E Ghost Rider.

Since I had a spare Champions Box Set Ghost Rider, I just swapped his head, flame hair, and belt w/ the Target wave E Ghost Rider.

(Funny, I had never noticed before that we got jipped the Ghost Rider chain belt that is shown on the Target wave E box)

post-2109-0-94208400-1312511115_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Swarm from Spider-man and his Amazing Friends. Recipe: Body- Sunspot, Hood & Cape & Hands- Psylocke, Eyes & Mouth- painted.

post-3472-0-19009600-1313684836_thumb.jp

acc0830_lg.jpg

Wow thats a great quick custom.I will probably borrow your reciepe but instead of painting a black head I will use Magneto's head .

Edited by Scorpion

Wow - VERY nice, Mini_Myte!

I think it's an improvement.

I was never 100% satisfied with how DB turned out. You've just made him a lot better. Now if we can do something about his hair - he'll be just right.

Great work. :thumbsup:

I wasn't happy with Dark Beast's hair either. I'm almost positive in the comic he had hair more like Beast than the dreadlocks.....? I used Weapon X's hair instead and it looks great. I replaced X's hair with one of the thousand of wolverine hair pieces they've made.

Nice work. I was going to do the gloves too- but had to settle on just the hands due to time contraints. Did you paint those or are they from another figure?

they are sentinel gloves not exactly the same shade of purple but damn close. -M

you could also go with white gloves(ala taskmaster) as he is pictured that way as well

Edited by Mattallica

One could also use the Swordmaster TRU exclusive gloves, if you have doubles of the figure, for your Swarm figures.

Also Lilgambit, you could use one of the many different Iron Man (Tony Stark) hairpieces or one of the Warpaths hairpieces, if you have doubles of him, for your hellion custom.

Edited by mtd20_2000

IMAG0093.jpg

I posted this over in the MVC thread but figured I would throw it on here as well. I'm not overly happy with the hair piece used, but it's not too bad. The hair is from the TRU Anders and I just red sharpied the ears. Now, for the eyes, I took a fine point sharpie and narrowed in the black to make smaller "pupils" then I filled them in with a light yellow. Over all I'm happier than the white eyed bowl cut look. Oh, and sorry for the crap pic.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

just wanted to share a couple of quick changes

here are my Thor and Loki, with a few changes thanks to the Stormbreaker set. Thor got the legs, boots and face, whilst Loki received the new face. I really loved the new Loki face, its such a good expression, and I preferred the brighter colours on Thor, along with the yellow boots over gold.

I'm particularly pleased with my Loki, as he is made up of all four versions released so far.

thornloki.jpg