UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do so love the classsic Thor minimate we all got in the Disney store exclusive HA set, but was kind of bummed with the choice of cape DST gave him. That was one of the first capes used for minimates (C3 Superman if I'm not mistaken). I just felt that our updated thunder god needed something a bit more majestic. So... with a modern Thor cape/ chest piece, a dremmel tool, some milliput, some paint and a little determination, I present to you the ideal classic Thor cape.

th_thor1.jpgth_thor2.jpg

I do so love the classsic Thor minimate we all got in the Disney store exclusive HA set, but was kind of bummed with the choice of cape DST gave him. That was one of the first capes used for minimates (C3 Superman if I'm not mistaken). I just felt that our updated thunder god needed something a bit more majestic. So... with a modern Thor cape/ chest piece, a dremmel tool, some milliput, some paint and a little determination, I present to you the ideal classic Thor cape.

th_thor1.jpgth_thor2.jpg

This sir, is awesome....what are the odds of getting one made if I send you the cape/chest piece

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to throw this up here, for anyone (like me) that feels we are sorely lacking the Black Knight: here's a simple formula for a simple Black Knight quick custom:

post-1943-0-94312300-1302797047_thumb.jp

That's the arms, legs, and chest of Modern Thor, the cape from Movie Thor, boots from Modern Bucky Cap, and gloves, belt, crotch, and helmet from Yellowjacket. I've since painted mine (and will eventually post pics of him in my customs thread), but for those of you that don't like to paint, I think this makes for a good placeholder. Oh, the sword's from the Asgardian Guardsman, and of course it doesn't fit into the gloved hand... :rolleyes: ... but looks nice nonetheless.

I just noticed that the picture makes it look like he's sleeping :blush:; that's because I couldn't get him to stand, so I just leaned him to get a picture snapped. I assure you there's eyes under the helmet! :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone that wants to go a little farther with him, here's a BK chest decal!

post-1943-0-63400700-1302797936_thumb.jp

Edited by hellpop

for her mask either hydra goon or a original x-men mask with lady loki face (with white eyes), for her body, polaris or meggan chest, meggan arms and legs, black feet and hands, as for her cape, only way to get an accurate one would be to repaint mephistos but any green cape could work

had to double check who Hela was. Pretty decent ideas undead. Can't remember off the top of my head, but reckon there are a few bits in the femma fatales box set that could work.

EDIT - I do hope we get one soon, but have always thought that top half of Meggan would be perfect for a quick Enchantress

Edited by bobafett

For Hela Lady Loki would be the best place to start. You could make the crazy head gear from some black plastic or something...

Undeadpool seems to have put some good thought into this. I have all of those parts and I'm going to give it a shot when I get home from work.

Pictured is classic Thor with the movie Thor's cape. I cut the armored tabs offa the front of the cape and painted the white plastic mark over black, then sealed it with super glue. Not the most fancy way to do it but I really like the finished look. The red cape that came with that Thor always seemed a little too small to me and this one looks great.

Also pictured is my current Loki with gold-painted parts courtesy of fellow board member bobafett.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=34383254&l=96e0fd35be&id=70302941

Edited by Mystery Man

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but has anyone tried making a Phantom Rider? The variant White Tiger's head looks pretty similar. Just give him a cowboy hat (I think there have been a few characters that came with one), paint it white if necessary, give him a white cape (plenty of those around), an all-white body with a belt, boots, and gloves, and voila! Might be worth a try.