UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey team. I have hated every Scarlet Witch Minimate that has come out. I have been thinking of how to modify her into one that I like but that lead me on google searches that reminded me how much I loved the Crossing Costumes. I have no painting skills and never understood how stickers work. Anyone have any suggestions for a quick kit bash to get closer to this:

scarlet_witch_by_mike_deodato_jr_2.jpg

Here is my take on the this image of the Scarlet Witch.

Scarlet%20Witch%20Custom_zps8yfnh9gh.jpg

I used Electra's arms, Falcon's legs with some alteration to the tops of each, a black hip piece, Electra's belt, Belinda's torso, not sure who's head but I think it is Phoenix/Jean Gray's hair and then two green energy blasts.

Edited by Captain Paco

As a general rule, I don't buy pre-2008ish Minimates since the style is so different. I did manage to get a Nitro today since there's probably a zero percent chance of an update. He fits right in but that hairpiece has gotta go.

Can anybody recommend a modern equivalent? I thought of one of the Thor pieces but I need the hair to hang over in the front too. Checked database but it only lists separate accessory hairpieces so I know I'm probably overlooking something. I will be painting it so it doesn't matter what color it is.

It'll be a while before I can post pictures, but with finally finding a second Animated Starlord I've completed my Kitty Pryde, Star Lady custom.

Laura Croft head and hair

TWD Wave 5 Maggie chest block

Movie Star-Lord Rocket Boots

all the rest of the parts are from Animated Star-Lord

It'll be a while before I can post pictures, but with finally finding a second Animated Starlord I've completed my Kitty Pryde, Star Lady custom.

And now I need another Lara Croft...?

Hey team. I have hated every Scarlet Witch Minimate that has come out. I have been thinking of how to modify her into one that I like but that lead me on google searches that reminded me how much I loved the Crossing Costumes. I have no painting skills and never understood how stickers work. Anyone have any suggestions for a quick kit bash to get closer to this:

scarlet_witch_by_mike_deodato_jr_2.jpg

Here is my take on the this image of the Scarlet Witch.

Scarlet%20Witch%20Custom_zps8yfnh9gh.jpg

I used Electra's arms, Falcon's legs with some alteration to the tops of each, a black hip piece, Electra's belt, Belinda's torso, not sure who's head but I think it is Phoenix/Jean Gray's hair and then two green energy blasts.

Well done!

Been putting together this as a little project for a few weeks. A multi level, kinda modular hall of armour for minimate releases of armors based on comics. I built a prototype of the two styles with pieces I had in hand and based on the SY hall of armour releases.

I counted 25 minimates, armors that have been released multiple time (wave25, classic heroic age, bestof1) with slight variations in colour, (stealth ones are counted as separate armours) or brand new versions of the same armour (the 5 extremis armours). I picked my personal favourite of each armour as the one to be displayed.

I also decided to include space for 5 other armours that I want displayed. (War machine 1+2, Iron Spider, rescue and iron patriot)

This will leave 1 larger pod for any future release and a couple of normal pods for future releases like 2099 etc it can easily be expanded out or up with the right pieces.

Will be spending the money in the near future to stock pile all the pieces to actually build it in the real world. Hope to have the hall of armour and a lab/workshop area built to display as many iron man minimates as possible.

post-2039-0-75667700-1442898071_thumb.jp

post-2039-0-59422400-1442898108_thumb.jp

post-2039-0-11433300-1442898149_thumb.jp

Edited by JoeyCrypts

I took your recipe and tweaked it a little for what I had on hand.

I used a Lara Croft's head and hair, but I used Kobol Six's chest block, Animated Star-Lord's arms, jacket, hip & legs and I skipped the rocket boots because I like the look I had. Thank you for the recipe.

Star%20Lady%201_zpse4qwqbyg.jpg

I just did not have an extra Maggie Green to use her chest block and I felt the rocket boots did not really go well with animated Star-Lord's legs. But I would love to see your completed custom once you can share. Thank you!