UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

I've just started an Iron Fist pseudo-EZ (a couple are EZ at least) custom thread, complete with guessing game here in the customs area. Come play if you're a fan of bronze age madness like I am. "The 12 Days of Fistmas", as a follow-up to my previous "Sweet Christmas" thread.

/shamelessplug

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few QCs I made. Peter Parker, Baron von Strucker, Scott Lang (Just a hair swap, might use him to make Eric O' Grady as Black Ant or whatever his name is), and a more modern look to Zemo.

post-9963-0-22856800-1438827360_thumb.jp

post-9963-0-65987800-1438827384_thumb.jp

post-9963-0-61573700-1438827407_thumb.jp

post-9963-0-99084500-1438827437_thumb.jp

I thought you meant the claw hands that came with Transormation Venom from Wave 24. The smaller claw hands and on the second incarnation of Superior Spider-Man. I do like your idea, but I feel like that'd look better!

I thought you meant the claw hands that came with Transormation Venom from Wave 24. The smaller claw hands and on the second incarnation of Superior Spider-Man. I do like your idea, but I feel like that'd look better!

Hey team. I have hated every Scarlet Witch Minimate that has come out. I have been thinking of how to modify her into one that I like but that lead me on google searches that reminded me how much I loved the Crossing Costumes. I have no painting skills and never understood how stickers work. Anyone have any suggestions for a quick kit bash to get closer to this:

scarlet_witch_by_mike_deodato_jr_2.jpg

Pants and boots could be wasp, Captain America, or superman legs. Loin cloth from the most recent Electra. Arms from Red Riding Hood. Torso is a little harder as I don't know of a solid red-torso female chest piece. maybe red dress Six from BSG. Head and hair from any of the other scarlet witch figures.

Edited by Padrino

I managed to score a Viper on eBay for really cheap, so I decided to make a way for more grounded Avengers to get around.

post-6503-0-03308900-1439736906_thumb.jp

I'd like to get a couple A logo decals to throw on the sides, but I have no idea where to get them from.

Hey team. I have hated every Scarlet Witch Minimate that has come out. I have been thinking of how to modify her into one that I like but that lead me on google searches that reminded me how much I loved the Crossing Costumes. I have no painting skills and never understood how stickers work. Anyone have any suggestions for a quick kit bash to get closer to this:

scarlet_witch_by_mike_deodato_jr_2.jpg

What I would recommend is that you get your self the Grimms fairy tales boxset http://lukestoystore.com/grimm-fairy-tales-minimates-box-set/

Using just parts in that set you can make this

007_zpststnhggt.jpg

Ok she's not perfect but that belt loin cloth is its own peice that you would be painting a single solid colour (so how wrong can you go?) as for the arms and legs if you dont want to do any painting there are a pair of legs with shorter red boots in the box

004_zpswbvqgvja.jpg

again not perfect but hey!

Finally for the arms and better legs there was a promo figure for this set http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=2029&n=Red+Riding+Hood so maybe that might help.

I wish we could get a boxser with some of these Deodato's costumes... That Scarlet Witch is one of her best outfits! sad.png

PREACH IT. I loved Wanda's, Pietro's, Natasha's, and Crystal's the most. some were a miss. I mean poor Janet.

• 2 weeks later...

My QC Flash Thompson minimate, along with the base of my Agent Venom. It's not quite finished yet because I still need to add the Spider on the armor and the black eyes.

post-9963-0-13876200-1440702741_thumb.jp

Flash doesn't have prosthetic limbs?

Until Superior Spider-Man no, he didn't. Then SpOck tried to remove the symbiote from him and gave him some robo-legs, but I don't think he has them currently. All the time he's been Venom he's been using the symbiote to give himself legs.

Nice Flash, though you'd need to chop his legs off since they got blown off. As for Agent Venom, why not buy the official one? It's less pricey than MacGargan anyway. Plus, there's going to be an animated one coming up.

Thanks! I went for a bit of a movie/comics kitbash since the head reminds me of the guy from ASM but obviously the leg thing is from the comics. I didn't wanna chop his legs off, so for the sake of the mate, he has prosthetic legs. The only other solution to that I could think of was those bloody bandages from zombie attack Black Panther. I cannot for the life of me find a cheap Agent Venom. I'm gonna get the animated version for sure, but I like being able to take the masks off. The animated version won't have that based on the pics.

Anybody have a recipe for a Ben Reilly Scarlet Spidey? I'm thinking the Marvel Knights Daredevil is the right shade of red, but I'm not sure what to use for the hoodie or the mask. I prefer the slip-over masks, so I'm thinking just a Spider-Man mask repainted?