UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as well done as the AoU minimates are, Ultron being so tiny was a bit of a let down. One of the biggest characters in the movie shouldn't be the smallest minimate in the bunch.

Edited by Turtle

Cut a hole in the cape, cut down the jump stand, cut grooves into the thigh holes, cut panels out of the lower tunic, and cut the feet at an angle. Very happy with the result! Thanks for the kind words. Then I used the same leg trick on...

20150519_212647.jpg

...Gateway, to round out my Outback team

so stoked about the Banshee chest sticker from Luke. I did a janky job putting in on, but oh well. nothing a little green sharpie won't fix. now we are one original Sunfire from having the perfect Second Genesis X-Men squad. (i also REALLY need to do something about Cyclops. that is still the worst chest of all time.)

X-Men%2BSecond%2BGenesis.jpg

Edited by suicidewatch

Posted a shot of a Playmobil tiger for Ezekiel in the Walking Dead main thread and thought I'd show off my newest acquisition here:

Playmobil saber tooth tiger = Zabu with Ka-Zar!

image_zpsqxknjz3p.jpg

Playmobil made a sabre-tooth tiger? I didn't know that! Thanks!!!!!!

I could NOT get Gateway's legs the right shade of brown. They DO look better in person, though, as I'm sure many of you know from your own prior experience with photos and paint color matching.

Gateway is T'Challa's head on ToS Blade's chest with alt arms and, of course, a spinning Mjolnir with a little pink paint. Add Werewolf by Night's hair piece, painted grey, and some legs painted to match his skin tone. Ta-DA!

For the sitting pose, it's not TOO hard.

- Bend your mate's legs at the knee, lay them flat on their side (socket joint facing up) and approximate where the hip ball will line up.

- Make two incisions down to the bottom of the socket, roughly an eighth of an inch apart (wide enough for the hip peg) and carefully cut out what's in between (making a small rectangular notch).

- Now, even if everything is cut and lined up perfectly, the leg won't fit on - the top of the leg is too thick to fit between the crotch and ball (that's... what she said?). You need to cut this down, little by little, till you get a good fit.

- Finally, cut the heels off of the feet at an angle so they can fit together along the new plane you're creating.

I recommend starting with a mate you don't care about sacrificing, as the first attempt may be rough.

so stoked about the Banshee chest sticker from Luke. I did a janky job putting in on, but oh well. nothing a little green sharpie won't fix. now we are one original Sunfire from having the perfect Second Genesis X-Men squad. (i also REALLY need to do something about Cyclops. that is still the worst chest of all time.)

X-Men+Second+Genesis.jpg

I recommend the OTHER version of that Cyclops, and drawing in musculature. It will still look rough, most likely, but better than this. Otherwise? LOVE IT!

I could NOT get Gateway's legs the right shade of brown. They DO look better in person, though, as I'm sure many of you know from your own prior experience with photos and paint color matching.

Gateway is T'Challa's head on ToS Blade's chest with alt arms and, of course, a spinning Mjolnir with a little pink paint. Add Werewolf by Night's hair piece, painted grey, and some legs painted to match his skin tone. Ta-DA!

- Bend your mate's legs at the knee, lay them flat on their side (socket joint facing up) and approximate where the hip ball will line up.

- Make two incisions down to the bottom of the socket, roughly an eighth of an inch apart (wide enough for the hip peg) and carefully cut out what's in between (making a small rectangular notch).

- Now, even if everything is cut and lined up perfectly, the leg won't fit on - the top of the leg is too thick to fit between the crotch and ball (that's... what she said?). You need to cut this down, little by little, till you get a good fit.

- Finally, cut the heels off of the feet at an angle so they can fit together along the new plane you're creating.

I recommend starting with a mate you don't care about sacrificing, as the first attempt may be rough.

X-Men+Second+Genesis.jpg

I recommend the OTHER version of that Cyclops, and drawing in musculature. It will still look rough, most likely, but better than this. Otherwise? LOVE IT!

Use can use the torso from 90's cyclops or AOA cyclops.

Edited by ElGallo21

Pics or it didn't happen. tongue.png

agent coulson! because the thor wave one was probably one of the worst minimate likeness in my opinion plus the skintone was atrocious, and inexplicably the bill murray head actually looks alot better, in adition to the black hair on the official figure, and the weird matte black jacket, which yeah mine still has that because i had to paint the jacket but i dont think its to as bad of an extent as the official figure, so i decided the figure needed an update

17358187604_c713a6fe5a_b.jpg

Edited by FightTheDead118