UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't make the custom Gen X mates, i stumbled across them on ebay. but Glantern, sadly, your arguments are valid. yeah, we've gotten versions of characters in the past that aren't very big or relevant now... but it really doesn't seem likely that we'd get them.

Marvel pimped the shit out of Generation X in 1994. If DST was around back then, we would totally get a full wave! Might be a cool thread actually, what if DST was around in different eras?

Like: What is DST were making minimates back in the early 90's when X-Men & X-Force were at their most popular?

oh... wait.

made me a Xorn.

11169017_576132472524877_499993466_n.jpg

What did you use for the helmet?

way to ruin my big reveal, NerdyTrev! yeah, it was a Dreadnought. i've been putting off buying Mandarin as he's not a character i've EVER read in a comic (and i've been reading comics for 28 years), but he was one i wanted to complete my Marvel Bad Guys display. i'd always planned on buying him individually, but one day i saw this set online for about the same price as it woulda cost me for just Mandarin, and I was looking at the Dreadnaught (never really heard of them, either) and it struck me... Xorn! they came yesterday and it took me about 20 minutes to get the back piece of the helmet filed down to a satisfactory level... but i think it worked out really well. but now i have an extra Dreadnought body for... something.

fig0974flg.jpg

so I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I am actually pretty pumped for Secret Wars. not so much for whatever the hell disaster of continuity comes afterwards but for the actual event itself. a comic book about a bunch of Thors, an X-Men comic based on the 1992 cartoon, a new Runaways title starring Valeria Richards....but the one I am most stoked for is the new Planet Hulk where Captain America teams up with Devil Dinosaur!!! and has to fight to survive in a land full of evil Hulks. I mean, that concept is just begging to be a 1980s Saturday Morning Cartoon.

planethulk-78646.jpg

hopefully we get some really great waves outta this event, but until then I went ahead and made myself a Captain America The Barbarian.

Captain%2BAmerica%2Bthe%2BBarbarian.jpg

and here he is riding his noble friend.

Cap%2Band%2BDevil%2BDinosaur.jpg

if ever there was an excuse to give us a Build A Figure, it's gotta be Devil Dinosaur.

so I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I am actually pretty pumped for Secret Wars. not so much for whatever the hell disaster of continuity comes afterwards but for the actual event itself. a comic book about a bunch of Thors, an X-Men comic based on the 1992 cartoon, a new Runaways title starring Valeria Richards....but the one I am most stoked for is the new Planet Hulk where Captain America teams up with Devil Dinosaur!!! and has to fight to survive in a land full of evil Hulks. I mean, that concept is just begging to be a 1980s Saturday Morning Cartoon.

planethulk-78646.jpg

hopefully we get some really great waves outta this event, but until then I went ahead and made myself a Captain America The Barbarian.

Captain%2BAmerica%2Bthe%2BBarbarian.jpg

and here he is riding his noble friend.

Cap%2Band%2BDevil%2BDinosaur.jpg

if ever there was an excuse to give us a Build A Figure, it's gotta be Devil Dinosaur.

Can you confirm what the dino is ?