UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look great sha_ckwave! I am jealous of the bin. Where did you get it?

Thoughts on the paint?

Kmart in the fishing section. It's a Plano tackle organizer and it was like $4. Paint looks good. Firestar needed the upgrade.

Sorry for posting and bailing, forgot all about this post.

Bushmaster is the snake guy from battle beasts, plus older release Blades head sans hair and glasses and yellow hands with holes drilled in to fit the blades I cut off of the Worthy\Mighty spidey.

Someone pm'd me about sprite... All karma plus first class angels mask with a modified hair piece from a bsg mate which I cut the poofy pony tail off of, painted and glued on. Don't remember whos head that is.

Hey sha_ckwave-- where did Storm's vest come from?

Extra dazzler coat sans the arms obviously, then I hit it with some black spray paint. I think i might try and stretch it out a little more so it completely covers her chest better and hides the zipper from the painted on vest.

I know I've seen a powered down Amara on here before, but I can't find it now. Anyone remember what head and hair it used or have any suggestions?

There have been a couple. My fav was Emma Frost from the First Class series. Mine currently has a Sue Storm head and hair from

Marvel Minimates - Toys R Us Two Packs (Wave 8) since I display the new Sue.

Mandarin has Blade's legs.

Ten, I just dabbed a little glue to make the pegs bigger, oldest trick in the book.

Yeah, painted the hairpiece, though I think someone in the IM3 thread said they got a black one with a Stark figure?

Edited by dj87

Hey guys ,

Just like some guys here i painted the hair/beard piece black.

i think it looks better than the dark/grey.

And i putted some puty on the neck of Mandarin to make his bear more fitting with his face and coat.

CC6DC6D1-C91C-4F18-9CD8-5F74615A8402-382

Hey guys ,

And i putted some puty on the neck of Mandarin to make his bear more fitting with his face and coat.

So you elevated the head a bit over the neck post? Looks great!

Hey guys ,

So you elevated the head a bit over the neck post? Looks great!

Thank you

Some Minimates need their neck elevated a bit imo

So, not really a modifying question, but this has been buggin' me and I'm wonderin' if you fellas know.

Is there any difference between the sought after Wave 28 Deadpool that comes with Wolvie and the Deadpool that comes in the Heroes and Adversaries 4-pack with Venom, Spidey and Wolvie?