UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I looked at Basilisk's head from the Age of X box set (with the mask removed), I thought of a quick Johnny Storm modification.

Basically, Basilisk's head with any spare blonde Captain America hairpiece (I have too many to choose from) and a spare Mr. Fantastic body from the TRU series.

Presto, easy Johnny Storm!

Figured I would show a picture of ole Johnny (in the end I used an extra Iron Fist hair piece instead of Cap.

post-2109-0-23740500-1330143853_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

I kitbashed my new Taskmaster with the old one. I didnt come up with this though I saw someone else post it the other day. Sorry I looked all over for it today and couldnt find it so step forward and accept your credit. I dont know if I reproduced the recepie 100% but I think its pretty cool...

Heres my SHIELD group. Im sure everybody will be doing the Nick and Dum Dum mods. I had two extra old shield bodies left over so I used an extra head from the Sin Eater set to make a pissed off Jasper Sitwell and another head and hair to make Clay Quatermaine.

post-679-0-19459100-1331258451_thumb.jpg

post-679-0-87508300-1331258615_thumb.jpg

As one of Jasper's defining traits was the proverbial stick up his backside, and being constantly annoyed at his slack bossman, I think that Jasper is perfect. And I like you're Quartermaine, only thing that would be better would be a giant "cheese eatin'" grin.

As one of Jasper's defining traits was the proverbial stick up his backside, and being constantly annoyed at his slack bossman, I think that Jasper is perfect. And I like you're Quartermaine, only thing that would be better would be a giant "cheese eatin'" grin.

I dug through my fodder box looking for a cheesy face for Clay but the only face I had with a smile was Eddy Brock and that smile is to big so I went with this sorta smarmy face. I cant help but think that they included the head I used for Sitwell in this wave for this very reason. Im going to have to get more SHIELD Agents so they can have proper bodies.

Hows the back look?

Jeff of the Miniacs

If your wondering about how the sword is back there, well it's stuck on with putty.

answers what I was looking for thanks! I really dig this one, along with you other customs man!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Whose head did you use for Clay? I know the hair is Aquaman's (which, for some reason, I can't find mine - it's not on Aquaman), but I can't figure out the face...

been trying to work that one out myself as well, usually v.good at that game.

is it a pirate guy? I don't have any of them.

EDIT - horrah!

Edited by dj87

Whose head did you use for Clay? I know the hair is Aquaman's (which, for some reason, I can't find mine - it's not on Aquaman), but I can't figure out the face...

I have no clue. I have all my spare parts in a bin. Each part has its own compartment. I just grabbed a head and hair that looked right.

Just some stuff that everyone is doing.

hawkeye.jpg

banshee.jpg

fury.jpg

After I made Swarm, I had this really cool piece left over. So I made Betsy a Violet Lantern.

VL2.jpg

VL1.jpg

JJJ chawing on his cigar. I dipped a toothpick in brown paint, clipped off the end, glued that end on, and painted the tip red. He looks awesome, you can almost see his blood pressure rise.

JJJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed my Hobgoblin does not have a satchel. I see pics where he has one but the package and database does not show one.

Was this black satchel included originally in the 2-Pack? If so, is it just the Green Goblin satchel painted black or the Star Trek black Satchels?

Figure a quick modification might be easier than buying another pack if I am missing the original satchel.

Edited by highassroller

I just noticed my Hobgoblin does not have a satchel. I see pics where he has one but the package and database does not show one.

Was this black satchel included originally in the 2-Pack? If so, is it just the Green Goblin satchel painted black or the Star Trek black Satchels?

Figure a quick modification might be easier than buying another pack if I am missing the original satchel.

Que?

fig0524f2lg.jpg

Here's the accessory page.

Without having the pieces in front of me I can't say for sure, but it certainly looks like it is the same as Wave 41/TRU 11 and Villains/TRU 2 molded in black.

Question to those who own Amazing Fantasy Spidey... Is it possible to switch heads with another Spidey mate and still have matching colors? It seems like he has that odd orangish-bright-red color that the McFarlane Spidey has...

I ask because I'm thinking of picking him up; the body looks perfect but the eyes on the head are a bit too small for my liking and I want to switch it out with one of the more recent Spidey mates. (The Classic Heroic Age Spidey to be exact.)

• 2 weeks later...