UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
mtd20_2000

Modifying Marvel Minimates

Took a little paint, but otherwise a QC. I don't expect anyone to know who he is - he's an obscure Shang-Chi foe from the 70s, "Tiger Claw."

32284033458_81445d283e_k.jpg

tigerclaw1.jpg

Oh, and btw: Hey DST, make Shang-Chi already.

Thanks! I'll probably eventually go back and paint the boots & belt a bright yellow to make them pop a little  more, but I was pretty pleased with how the tiger striping came out. 

There a ton of fun villains from Shang-Chi's past that could be done, to varying degrees of difficulty from easy QC to a little more involved, so I may stay in this lane for a bit...

7 hours ago, elhonez said:

Thanks! I'll probably eventually go back and paint the boots & belt a bright yellow to make them pop a little  more, but I was pretty pleased with how the tiger striping came out. 

There a ton of fun villains from Shang-Chi's past that could be done, to varying degrees of difficulty from easy QC to a little more involved, so I may stay in this lane for a bit...

a bunch of shang-chi's villains popped up in recent issues of the Domino series.  interesting group!

I'm trying to find more movie-accurate head and hair combos for X-Men First Class Havok, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine Deadpool. Anybody got any recommendations?

Anyone know of a red suit? I'm trying to make Matt Murdock, kingpin of crime from Spider-Gwen's universe 

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Anyone know of a red suit? I'm trying to make Matt Murdock, kingpin of crime from Spider-Gwen's universe 

The only red jacket that I can recall is the one that comes with Netflix Trish. If you paired that with red arms and then a tie it could work.

Aaron Doral from BSG had a reddish jacket that you could maybe use.  Not sure if there is any mate with matching colored legs but it is an idea if you don't have the Netflix Trish mate.

Posted (edited)

What about tuxedo beetlejuice? If you can find it cheap. There's a 2-pack on eBay for $5.99 or best offer + $3.50 s&h.

Edited by bilbofett

Anyone know if the Joe Fixit bulk parts color matches the infinity gauntlet thanos blue? Was thinking to make thanos bulk to fit in the movie feel!

50 minutes ago, HaoMate said:

Anyone know if the Joe Fixit bulk parts color matches the infinity gauntlet thanos blue? Was thinking to make thanos bulk to fit in the movie feel!

Nope, not quite. Hulk's a bit darker.

8 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Nope, not quite. Hulk's a bit darker.

Oh man... I only know of joe fixit and the Thanos from infinity having blue bulk parts, any one else has any idea who has blue bulk parts? >< Thanks, McGill for your affirmation!

Wave 62 apocalypse, but I don't think they match, they are kinda metallic. Transforming grey hulk, from best of series 3, has bulked up legs that may work, but you will need shoulder pieces.. 

Why not just use the infinity box set Thanos bulked up pieces or, just the whole thing? 

10 hours ago, Heinous said:

Wave 62 apocalypse, but I don't think they match, they are kinda metallic. Transforming grey hulk, from best of series 3, has bulked up legs that may work, but you will need shoulder pieces.. 

Why not just use the infinity box set Thanos bulked up pieces or, just the whole thing? 

Wow best of 3 pants does work! Well I need biceps too though! Infinity thanos doesn’t have the same shade of blue though! But thanks so much for your input! Appreciated lots!

I made a Prestige a little bit ago. No to hard to do but it could be expensive if you don't have the parts.

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I made a Prestige a little bit ago. No to hard to do but it could be expensive if you don't have the parts.

Great kitbashed figure! I always love kit bashing! Anyway! Which prestige look are you after? If it’s:

latest?cb=20170425101032

Just a suggestion for you here is, for torso and crotch you may use aoa jean grey, 68 night crawler shoulder piece, 47 colossus boots, for head, limbs and hands you already have a great one! But for the hair I think the original bobcut Rachel works! No idea on the cape though! These are all plucked from my head, but more ideas helps ;D

On 1/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, HaoMate said:

Great kitbashed figure! I always love kit bashing! Anyway! Which prestige look are you after? If it’s:

latest?cb=20170425101032

Just a suggestion for you here is, for torso and crotch you may use aoa jean grey, 68 night crawler shoulder piece, 47 colossus boots, for head, limbs and hands you already have a great one! But for the hair I think the original bobcut Rachel works! No idea on the cape though! These are all plucked from my head, but more ideas helps ;D

Thanks, I was going for this version actually as I hate capes (thanks Incredibles). Good suggestions though!

598275._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Correct hammer, new costume, and (unmodified) missing character!

RAuCah8.jpg

Now I just gotta stop procrastinating on getting a head for Kraglin...