UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who knows me on here knows my boundless love for the Thing.
Finally getting a version with proper hands was fantastic, yet I never
cared for his "resting position" . His arms just never rested against
his torso. They always stuck out, at best.

So, modified on left and un-modified on right.

Just some torso cutting on rib/sides and a tiny bit on the shoulder cuffs. Easy fix that really brings together better.

IMG_0026_zpsdc892062.jpg

IMG_0027_zpsdeb9d4cc.jpg

IMG_0028_zps8cd2997c.jpg

i'm considering picking up the First Class set, but since they never made a Beast, does anyone have a suggestion for a quick, easy custom?

I took a FC Angel, removed the wings, and replaced his head, hands, and boots with the like parts from a movie FC Beast (and put a pair of yellow anklets from something on him to simulate boot cuffs)

I know he’s not blue and hairy in the comic, but eh, it gets across the point of being Beast in a FC costume for me at least.

First Class (comic) Beast is really simple: just an extra First Class Angel without wing harness, swap out heads underneath the mask, add X-Factor Beast hands/duck feet. Closest accurate depiction IMO. He was kinda depicted a bit "slimmer" during that series, anyway.

23250887-b25d-466e-b3ca-8461c70a34f3_zps

So I made Sin, and customized my Red Skull a little.

I couldn't find any white tank tops, so I hope blue is okay, lol.

Oh wow, props. You read my mind man, I was literally thinking last night how I had a near-complete HYDRA collection, except for Sin. I know they made her as Skadi, but that...doesn't really count because that story was goofy anyway. Haha. You made good use of the head there, I consistently forget that she isn't a freckled redhead anymore and is a good deal more...uh, grotesque.

Oh wow, props. You read my mind man, I was literally thinking last night how I had a near-complete HYDRA collection, except for Sin. I know they made her as Skadi, but that...doesn't really count because that story was goofy anyway. Haha. You made good use of the head there, I consistently forget that she isn't a freckled redhead anymore and is a good deal more...uh, grotesque.

I usually forget about her human form now a days since Marvel pushed her Red Skull look a lot during Fear Itself.

So I made the best of both worlds, with her fathers face and a human body.

I usually forget about her human form now a days since Marvel pushed her Red Skull look a lot during Fear Itself.

So I made the best of both worlds, with her fathers face and a human body.

Yep! Looks pretty awesome. (Nevermind my opinion on Fear Itsself, the reasons I didn't like it are based on my shameless fanboying for a certain character. Besides, the "death" was hardly permenant...again. That never seems to work on him, huh? ;) I did like the idea of Asgardian forged weapons for all of the heroes, though. And Matt Fraction later became one of my favorite writers because of his work on Hawkeye.)

i'm considering picking up the First Class set, but since they never made a Beast, does anyone have a suggestion for a quick, easy custom?

I haven't made it, but I originally had plans for Beast using spare Angel and Avengers Hulk hands & feet. Just have to paint them a skin tone

So I was thinking of what to do next, cause when and if I get the Uncanny Now team, I doubt we'll see the new mutants that have jumped on board.

Triage, the healer, already has some parts in wait, specifically a body, his wooden staff, and some hair borrowed from Sunspot's human form.

And with Falcon's goggles in Cap 2, I was thinking he would be perfectly easy to make.

Eva, on the other hand...