UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I haven't been around nearly as much... but am I the *only* person who see's "Bruce" from Walking Dead series 4 and knows he'll be putting together a fairly quick and easy classic BLOB for the X-Men?

Working from memory here, but:

Hair - Peter Parker (Spider-Man 3) hair

Face - Assault Punisher (series 9)

Crotch - Is there a black crotch piece with a solid yellow belt around it? I want to say there is...

Legs/Feet - Black Queen Selene (minus front boot attachments) or Black Queen Jean Grey

Arms/Hands - just make sure they match the skin tone of the legs/face

Body - Bruce's torso cover with a black blank chestpiece underneath

Now then, Bearded Thor (series 14) has black bracelets, 'though I could swear we've gotten a 'mate with black ones painted on... or yellow ones even!

Still, the potential is there. Had I a Bruce 'mate right now I'd go diggin' for parts.

I'm fine with him having non-bulky arms/legs considering it's a quick custom from existing parts. I'm not planning on doing any painting. Were there bulky skin colored legs, I'd buy a Rufus just for this use, though. Good call.

That belt would work great... if it didn't have the X-Men "X" on the front. I could swear I've seen that piece used before, but solid yellow. And I'm not thinking about the gold-yellow on "Shazam" Captain Marvel.

It'll come to me eventually.

So, here's my hat in the "modify a Reaper into Sauron" ring. I went off the mid 90's look with the belt pouch loincloth. Did a bit of sculpting on the head, making his beak a little... beakier, and adding the crazy bushy eyebrows, which are the best part of Sauron.

sauron.jpg

Also, I finally wrapped up one that's been on my bench for a while, bulked-up and tail-added Mac Gargan Venom.

venom.jpg

Thanks, YB, and credit where it's due: both of these were inspired by your customs originally.

Thanks, but I didn't make an updated Gargan Venom yet.

You guys who are cutting the cheek-whiskers off the Reapers: is it green plastic underneath? Or are you just repainting the head to perfectly match the chest (I could see repainting the whole thing, but the chest tampo seems untouched - and matching)?

The plastic underneath is white, I had to color match the green as close as I could.