UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

Are there any good jackets to make Secret Wars punk Storm look like she's wear a good biker/leather jacket? I don't like how it looks on her as a tampo, so I was hoping to see if there were good alternatives.

I was thinking fig1386flg.jpg

But I was hoping to hear better alternatives.

So I had the pieces lying around and here is how Storm looks with that Jacket on. The issue is the choker doesn't let the head completely connect with the piece so it kinda floats there. Also, standing next to Storm is Sersi from her Avengers/Ultraforce glory days. Still looking for the right belt piece for her.

2013-07-21223152_zpsed9d17d2.jpg

Edited by thereasonsy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit harder to come by these day, but the T2 leather jackets are a great look for mohawk Storm:

Or you can buy the easily available (and currently in stock at Luke's) Max Zombie set as it has the same leather jacket vest piece

These are not mine but I just HAD to share. This guy, dinosaursinf14s, has a great blog and I am so freaking jealous of his Power Pack. You should all take a look. It makes me wish I was a better painter/decal user. I would totally buy these in store. *** Note the multiverse wasn't letting me link the image correctly so I had to put the image on my photo bucket.

PowerPack_zps8ba8942a.jpg

So, yeah, that's my blog. I haven't checked this thread in awhile, and imagine my surprise to see my Power Pack staring back at me!laugh.png They were posted in my customs thread as well. Thanks for the kind words, threreasonsy. I think I have an extra set of decals sitting around, so if you PM me your address I'll drop them in the mail.

It's the same design from the first Pirate Ship sail, here's a picture Jeff posted in the Calico Jack thread:

image_2.jpeg

Hope that helps.

hey YB, thanks for that, it will do nicely...... my avatar should give you an idea why i'd need this.... want to keep it in the minimate style

Great job, jelous of that Sersi.

Thanks Sersi is just an AOA Jean in her chest and croth with a sharpie to fill in the chesticles. Black legs that are sporting Thor boots painted red. Captain America Avengers Team jacket. Jean Grey face and then Aurora hair. I'm not that great of a customizer so I work with easy parts and less painting.

These are not mine but I just HAD to share. This guy, dinosaursinf14s, has a great blog and I am so freaking jealous of his Power Pack. You should all take a look. It makes me wish I was a better painter/decal user. I would totally buy these in store. *** Note the multiverse wasn't letting me link the image correctly so I had to put the image on my photo bucket.

PowerPack_zps8ba8942a.jpg

So, yeah, that's my blog. I haven't checked this thread in awhile, and imagine my surprise to see my Power Pack staring back at me!laugh.png They were posted in my customs thread as well. Thanks for the kind words, threreasonsy. I think I have an extra set of decals sitting around, so if you PM me your address I'll drop them in the mail.

You are making my day.

• 3 weeks later...

So... I'm thinking of doing a modern Rachel Summers (ignoring her stupid name change)

2731433-rachel_grey.jpg

So I've been thinking of using Dante's trenchcoat, cut it so the little tendril portions appear better, and either use Rachel or some Jean derivative I have to make her head, and maybe using a sharpie or something to color in the tattoos.

For the body, I was thinking... AoA Jean? not sure what to use for the chest. But I have plenty of red legs to use, and then using Wave 47 Colossus's boots to create the look of thigh high boots.

Astonishing Colossus for the chest/torso works super well. A close second would be Spider-Woman's chest and pelvis (with New X-Men belt on top). Extremis Iron Man or maybe one of the other Iron Men (red/gold or red/yellow) without the bulked up armor piece could be a good direction, otherwise. I would suggest MvC Arthur's arms for their built-in shoulder pads. Some kind of Iron Man gauntlet, maybe, as well.

EDIT:

Threw together a mockup for you:

rachelmockup.jpg

had to use a Bliss trenchcoat, but you get the idea

Edited by emperorshotz

Well, I just took a turn creating another version of Siyrn using the standard formula: 90's Rogue chest and crotch, First Appearence Doom legs and arms, Cyclops provided the rest except I used movie MJ face and hair. I also decided to try cloth and took a ML Banshee figure and cut the cape, re-sewed it and attached it to her. Thoughts?

picstitch_zpsf01f2cfb.jpg

Edited by thereasonsy

THanks guys! I will take more photos from the back of Siyrn so you can see the back. Basically one panel of the ML Banshee made two capes. Just waiting for the right hair piece so I can finish her Dad. Continuing red head week though I realized I hadn't posted my updated MJ.

MJ_zps3c40be8c.jpg

She is hanging in my office and just having a blast. I used a few ladies for her but the head and hair are from the original. The main part of the body is Maya from IM3. Lastly I stole Julia's denim skirt to give it more of a MJ feel. I started trying to make this version using Lady Deathstrike legs, Cowboy Wolvie boots, but I didn't find a black top that "worked" and that gave her a feminine shape.