UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

On 3/17/2023 at 2:21 AM, AFMcGill said:

Don't have the Batgirl head (and the spare Sentry parts I had are the other Sentry Minimate), but Frankie Raye torso works better for Hellcat and possibly matches well with the older Sentry arms you're using:

a63b4845cab9dc317840227195f29344c513120e

Might have to track down that Batgirl head. And other Sentry. And Deathstroke parts so that spare Hobgoblin cape can get used for something besides Hellcat's accessory.

Your Hellcat is looking great! A Corsair belt will be an easy update for mine, but Nova may cost a bit to track down (and I can't unsee its perfection now).

I used Secret Invasion Beast hands for the claws, which is a nice finishing touch.

Edited by elhonez

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Clever stuff :thumbsup: 

I was going to suggest Firestar as a 'yellow donor' , I thought it would be a cheap,plentiful eBay item, not so now it seems :huh:

Yeah, I made mine from a Nova with Balder Boots and Beast hands (he has claws) with a cut Batgirl mask and Jewel belt. Surprised we didn’t get a Patsy at some point.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Clever stuff :thumbsup: 

I was going to suggest Firestar as a 'yellow donor' , I thought it would be a cheap,plentiful eBay item, not so now it seems :huh:

AoA Rogue would also be a pretty good choice. While not as detailed as the Frankie Raye Nova torso, it is still a good plain yellow female torso. 

But, yes, Firestar has increased in price over the last few years on the secondary market.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Padrino!

I have plans for a more action-oriented version of Val, but this one (and Nick) were based on this appearance in NFAOS:

Contessa-Valentina-Allegra-Fontaine-Marv

You can't really see it in the pic, but she has the black choker. I am also going to experiment with a tiny white rubber band for her headband, just ordered a batch from Amazon.

Edited by elhonez

On 6/12/2023 at 2:21 PM, elhonez said:

Thanks Padrino!

I have plans for a more action-oriented version of Val, but this one (and Nick) were based on this appearance in NFAOS:

Contessa-Valentina-Allegra-Fontaine-Marv

You can't really see it in the pic, but she has the black choker. I am also going to experiment with a tiny white rubber band for her headband, just ordered a batch from Amazon.

Never seen this version before. I like the idea of the mini rubberband for the headband, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve really been wanting a White Wolf minimate, so, I found a way to cobble together a (not so) QC White Wolf. 
It’s: 

Animated White Tiger mask (I removed the pony tail using an exacto knife and filled in the missing mask pieces with putty. 
Blizzard torso. 
White Ranger movie arms, crotch, and legs. 

I really like how he turned out. 
https://imgur.com/a/BjuovzR

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Is there another figure besides Walgreens wave 7 Captain Marvel that uses the same hip accessory? Or any other ideas of a hip piece to use for a Petra custom?

Classic BSG have a piece that looks a bit similar. Not sure if it will work for you or not.

It's meant to represent the gun belt. But the holster is a separate piece that attaches to the leg. So the belt part looks similar to this piece though not the same one.

Hopefully it suits your purpose and you have one.

Edited by cylonchaney

• 1 month later...

I have about 100 minimates sitting on my “workbench”, which is just my work desk, that I’ve been cobbling together for a few months now. 
These are all in various levels of completion, some further along than others. Some are just QCs. Other’s are QCs with modifications (parts trimmed with an x-acto knife). None have been painted yet, but, most of these will require some level of painting. 
https://imgur.com/a/h6SvNBv

Starting at the top left, these are: 

Gorgon (will need paint on his arms and on his mask and torso). I may make changes to this formula, as I think I want to be able to swap hair pieces to show his eyes.

Solo (will need paint on his hair)

The Grandmaster (will need paint on his ears, eyes, and collar)

Maximus the Mad (needs paint on a non-visible part of his legs)

Baron Blood (needs paint in a lot of places, lol)

Nocturne (needs paint on hair, ears, and torso)

Commando (M-Nell) from the Imperial Guard (this is just a QC, no modifications) 

Fandral (this is just a QC, no modifications)

Scourge of the Underworld (needs paint on the hat) 

Foolkiller II (needs paint on the vest) 

I think most of these parts are pretty recognizable; however, if you have any questions about anything let me know. 😊

I hope y’all enjoy!

59 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

I have about 100 minimates sitting on my “workbench”, which is just my work desk, that I’ve been cobbling together for a few months now. 
These are all in various levels of completion, some further along than others. Some are just QCs. Other’s are QCs with modifications (parts trimmed with an x-acto knife). None have been painted yet, but, most of these will require some level of painting. 
https://imgur.com/a/h6SvNBv

Starting at the top left, these are: 

Gorgon (will need paint on his arms and on his mask and torso). I may make changes to this formula, as I think I want to be able to swap hair pieces to show his eyes.

Solo (will need paint on his hair)

The Grandmaster (will need paint on his ears, eyes, and collar)

Maximus the Mad (needs paint on a non-visible part of his legs)

Baron Blood (needs paint in a lot of places, lol)

Nocturne (needs paint on hair, ears, and torso)

Commando (M-Nell) from the Imperial Guard (this is just a QC, no modifications) 

Fandral (this is just a QC, no modifications)

Scourge of the Underworld (needs paint on the hat) 

Foolkiller II (needs paint on the vest) 

I think most of these parts are pretty recognizable; however, if you have any questions about anything let me know. 😊

I hope y’all enjoy!

these are brilliant! Love that Nocturne, Fandral, and Scourge!

Which torso piece did you use for Solo?