UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Nessex said:

Oooh - very nice. Who's head and hair did you use?

Gotham Penguin is the head. Very happy to find a great use for it as the rest of his body is also in use by me for a Jarvis so now almost all of that Minimate is in use. 

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/img/fig/fig2397flg.jpg

Hair was just pulled from a bag of hairpieces, can't work out whose it is. Even that Penguin hair would have worked fine to be honest.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's a fun QC/WIP. Almost all stock parts, but I trimmed a harness piece and painted it orange:

52724524703_0d033c584d_b.jpg

If I do anything else, it'll be to swap out the cape for a Classic Vision cape and paint it, since its shape is more comic-accurate for DS.

Edited by elhonez

4 hours ago, elhonez said:

Here's a fun QC/WIP. Almost all stock parts, but I trimmed a harness piece and painted it orange:

52724524703_0d033c584d_b.jpg

If I do anything else, it'll be to swap out the cape for a Classic Vision cape and paint it, since its shape is more comic-accurate for DS.

I LOVE IT!! 😍😍 I had the same plan for that Havok head when I first saw it! I’m just so lazy and I haven’t gotten around to doing this. Great job!

Thanks! And no problem. It came together over some time, so I may have forgotten a few bits, but here goes:

Legs, boots, gloves, sword: Deathstroke

Torso/pelvis/arms are likely all from modern X-Factor minis

Cape: Hobgoblin

Head: X-Factor Havok

Harness: I forget, but it's clear from the back of it that I used an x-acto knife to cut something off and make it flush with the cape. Maybe a backpack piece?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, completing the 80s Defenders team is one of my dreams. I wanted to make Devil-Slayer for ages. Even pegged the same Deathstroke and Hobgoblin parts but could never work out the torso. Was going to settle for the old Taskmaster torso which I think I could live with.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/img/fig/fig0528flg.jpg

We still don't even have a Hellcat. I've no hopes we can ever get around to getting an actual Devil-Slayer or Gargoyle.

Don't have the Batgirl head (and the spare Sentry parts I had are the other Sentry Minimate), but Frankie Raye torso works better for Hellcat and possibly matches well with the older Sentry arms you're using:

a63b4845cab9dc317840227195f29344c513120e

Might have to track down that Batgirl head. And other Sentry. And Deathstroke parts so that spare Hobgoblin cape can get used for something besides Hellcat's accessory.