Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

These are gorgeous. Well done! Did you use decals or what?

Ugh, I wish I could have done that. Nope I made a little stencil but it was all still hand painted. 

The bits on the gloves and boots are foam and unfortunately I've learned while messing with them that paint likes to flake off the foam ?

But thank you! Over all I'm really happy with them all! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's gotta be frustrating.

I've only ever had one issue with Luke's. It was recent and quickly resolved to my satisfaction. Fortunately it didn't have anything to do with shipping though it did involve one of my grails. I was worried that it had gotten lost in the current discombobulation of the USPS.

• 4 weeks later...

Outstanding! That looks like an expensive crew to assemble. I'm working on a Blackhawk Squadron a little at a time. I've only got a little work to do on my Fury 161 inmates from Alien 3. I appreciate the dedication it takes to reach a goal like this.

Thank you! Yes, it was definitely a labor of love, with parts compiled slowly over a couple of years. It was hard to sacrifice an Eastwood for Fury, but who better to use? He's chomping on a cigar, I couldn't pass it up.

The Blackhawk Squad, very cool... How are you thinking about Lady Blackhawk? (torso cap, head & hair)

21 hours ago, elhonez said:

How are you thinking about Lady Blackhawk? (torso cap, head & hair)

I may have to do some actual surgery and painting to get the desired effect so, yes, a labor of love indeed. I'm just not sure if I want to go with the more practical leggings from her earliest appearances or nude. The latter would certainly help her stand out from the boys club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 9:40 AM, Freaqualizer said:

Super dope! Great job!

Thanks.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, MisterPL said:

Nice! I contemplated using Jillian Holtzman or Crimson Viper for Bobbi Morse just because of the amber spectacles.

What I'd really like is an Agents of SHIELD Mockingbird to go with my MCU 'mates.

Yeah I tried and this is where I landed. I am still pissed Most Wanted didn’t get picked up.