UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/21/2020 at 12:21 AM, CortherX said:

Did you paint/print Monet's outfit? It's perfect and I've been wanting to.maker her too!

Combination of paint and thin sharpie marker. It was the Madame Masque body to start with and I used black acrylic paint to fill in the rest of the sides, blending as best as possible. Next once dry used an orange thin sharpie to add a single line next to the black, followed by a clear coat finish to prevent the orange from smudging. The arms are from a spare wave 41 Storm figure and I completely forget where the legs are from (sorry) but they are not painted other than i used the sharpie trick above on them. I think I got the legs from Luke in a spare parts sale. A quick search turns up the closest being the Domino legs from the X-Force box set but they are slightly different.

So I took a shot at my own Monet, and feeling inspire made Chamber too! I did a similar recipe for M... used wave 10 Mystique chest, used black and red sharpie... the first Shatterstar's legs, with again red sharpie, wave 41 Storm arms and face... i'm not sure whose hair that is.. and a random X-Men belt...

Chamber is almost entirely made from a recent animated Venom body with all the muscle pieces removed. Flame is from AvsX Cyclops. I cut up the original Blade's jacket to fit around the flames. And I think the head is Peter Parker with sharpie over the lower half. I think they both turned out pretty good!

Husk is an awesome custom I picked up off of Ebay (tho I switched the hair)... I love Generation X and wish we'd get some official mates! Either current versions, or a wave of the original team!

20200423_182159.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Does anyone have a good substitute hair piece for Dani Moonstar? I'm making a more modern New Mutants team and don't want to pay out the ass just for pig tail pony tails

I have an extra original. Not really using it. If you want it PM me.

Since therer isn't a "Modifying DC Minimates" I'm gonna throw this out here.

I've looked through the data base for answer but not sure if shades will match correctly so I was wondering if anyone from personal experience/collection knows if there is any minimate with a left arm that matches Lobo's skin tone? I was thinking about the B&W Turtles at first since I like the muscle detail which would go good for the Main Man but not sure. Zombie Kingpin was another i was pondering.  Pretty much just want a quick pop & swap for a double bare arm look.

Edited by HellfireSamurai

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Any one have any ideas for a more tan face for Dani Moonstar? Besides the original, obviously 

If you can find her Rosita from Walking Dead resembles the actor playing Dani in the movie. I was thinking of trying her for Talisman. Otherwise if you can get the weird lines off of the face the X-Factor Wolfsbane that may work. 

• 1 month later...