UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Pretty good! I think Professor X from DoFP had a pretty good chest block that has straps on it though 

fig1957f2lg.jpg

i used the mercenary from Civil War because it looked more like a chest plate. I thought xavier might be too much. I may swap it out for the DOFP magneto

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Could anyone help me out. I'm trying find out which figures come with pointing index fingers. I know buddy christ does, but I've seen red ones too. Is there a Captain America that comes with one? 

I think most people have painted the pointing finger. The Deadpool figure that came with armored Spider-Man a few years back had a red thumbs up hand, but no pointed finger. 

8 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I think most people have painted the pointing finger. The Deadpool figure that came with armored Spider-Man a few years back had a red thumbs up hand, but no pointed finger. 

Yeah I have the thumbs up. Guess I'll have to get buddy christ 

On 12/22/2019 at 5:22 AM, Turtle said:

Teamwork makes the dream work.  I really thought that at least one Expendable would be wearing a black tank top, but no dice. 

Same here! These are all good suggestions thanks team!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a heads up. I was goofing around tonight and managed a pretty decent QC MCU Mysterio. No painting!

Wave 71 Mysterio, Red King chest block, space suit Wolverine boots and belt.

I also added the Prototype Suit Miles Morales head to MCU Shocker to give him a more costumed look. Enjoy!

IMG_1103[1023].jpg

52 minutes ago, Swarm198 said:

Just a heads up. I was goofing around tonight and managed a pretty decent QC MCU Mysterio. No painting!

I also added the Prototype Suit Miles Morales head to MCU Shocker to give him a more costumed look. Enjoy!

IMG_1103[1023].jpg

Nice?

On 3/19/2020 at 9:50 PM, bilbofett said:

Nice?

On 3/19/2020 at 8:58 PM, Swarm198 said:

IMG_1103[1023].jpg

These look great!

• 4 weeks later...

Been working from home and recently found out I’m likely getting furloughed in a couple weeks. Decided do break out some old projects I had started long ago since I have the time to finish them. 
Some new customs:

B97F4CCA-AF97-4924-9E29-8C220EA96F93.jpeg.e9e09ed28df3bf0e9843f35e16c1cfd0.jpeg
Agent Brand, Jamie Braddock, Monet, and a mostly finished Moira.

Next up a bunch of projects that are getting close to finished:

FB920220-23BE-4E66-892A-5DCF00E61B08.jpeg.2ab2ec31e372ae829c10a028c48a276b.jpeg

Kylun, just have to paint his mane and find some good swords.

Skids, have to paint the jacket dark blue and she’s done.

Cho’d put together based off a rough recipe from another thread. Need to strip the chest and redraw to give him his Michelin Man look.

Danger, just need to make the chest more feminine and draw or paint a face on.

AoA Wild Child, initial parts thrown together and just have to find a chest decal, and hair.

Mellencamp, this one occurred to me to try when I was taking apart a Predator Hound figure to start painting silver for a Predator X figure. This just needs a face drawn on, sadly the chest piece from the Walgreens Prowler figure I used doesn’t fit with the head I used.

My parts bin is a mess... found a couple other very early partial figures that I never got around to finishing. Eva Bell, a start on a Cerise mate, A partial Sage, Exiles Mimic that I never finished painting, and a mostly complete Shatter. Hopefully be finishing these up over the next few weeks.

C6C38B62-6F85-4676-B060-385D152B8CB4.jpeg.f64e4946ee063d3aab39d9246b8513cc.jpeg

Edited by Chigarillo

11 hours ago, bilbofett said:

Second. I've looked at that head 3 or 4 times and never thought to use it. I was going to use the old abomination head. Awesome idea.

Can’t take credit for that. Hellpop was the one that suggested it in the wave 81 thread. I tried the old Abomination head as well but the color is too hard to match to any other parts.