UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

Thanks guys!

And yeah, RE: the Aim Agent, I forget that not everyone has a 15 year back inventory of figures to pick and choose from.  I suppose then, you could potentially use an extra Strong Guy head when wave 78 hits.  Hopefully the head is packed with Multiple Man!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I need a few pieces for some customs I'm working on. Hoping somebody (preferably all from the same person) can help me get a hold of the pieces I'm looking for! Here's a link to the post on my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwpk-2Hg_vU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qtlcvgqqxpy

4 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Hey guys! I need a few pieces for some customs I'm working on. Hoping somebody (preferably all from the same person) can help me get a hold of the pieces I'm looking for! Here's a link to the post on my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwpk-2Hg_vU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qtlcvgqqxpy

Are they all for the same thing? Because I've spent a few minutes trying to work out who or what they could all go together to build...

Is there a thread for parts request/swaps? Coz there really should be.

Oh oh! I got it. Goggles for Doctor Nemesis, Hawkeye straps for Domino and the chest for Colossus. There was a clue earlier haha.

The goggles though - you're not going to be able to get a hairpiece down with them on. I was going to use them for my Hank Pym wasp but couldn't because of that. You might be better off getting a movie Winter Soldier head with the same sort of mask/goggles as Doctor Nemesis.

Edited by AFMcGill

45 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

Oh oh! I got it. Goggles for Doctor Nemesis, Hawkeye straps for Domino and the chest for Colossus. There was a clue earlier haha.

The goggles though - you're not going to be able to get a hairpiece down with them on. I was going to use them for my Hank Pym wasp but couldn't because of that. You might be better off getting a movie Winter Soldier head with the same sort of mask/goggles as Doctor Nemesis.

Nope! It's actually for Ultimate Hawkeye and an MCU Mysterio. But now I might need two of each piece. ?

So I'm trying to kitbash this guy

1562030-_______2__wolviemrx_legion_cps_014.jpg

And Wolverine Origins Deadpool Minimate seems perfect...

fig0902flg.jpg

About 80% of that Minimate would work for a Mister X custom but its skin looks incredibly pale and I've been stung with skintones not matching before.

And, well, ideal choice for head would be Wesker (because I'd have tonnes of use for his body as well).

fig1434flg.jpg

So, a) is it as pale as it looks, b) can anyone think of a corresponding pale head that would work or c) an alternate body choice which ideally is as convenient as that Deadpool having like the bulk of the parts needed (best I can find is Penance and I already have two of him, so having another character from the same team using the same chest block doesn't work).

This has been a very slow progress for me but finally I have a completed 90s Black Knight and Sersi!!

tumblr_pratihU7Dx1tms107o1_540.jpg

Black Knight is: Black Knight parts, Hobgoblin arms and legs, Cock-Buster cape and sword. (also got a Avengers bomber jacket on stand-by I can put him in, shown this one before, but I'm likely to just get another Black Knight and Hobgoblin to create a separate figure for that look).

Sersi is: the common recipe of animated Enchantress + black hair. In this case that's Olivia Munn from Predators hair and Lady Loki's head.

Definitely need to start finding alt heads to use for Black Knight though. I can't have him looking like he's in agony all the time.

7 hours ago, Padrino said:

Since it's unlikely we will ever see an official one, here's my attempt at Captain Marvel in her Binary form.IMG_9834.thumb.JPG.7568f42bd3f4b0add18a5bd1bd852ca5.JPG

Nicely done! How did you get the flame to stick to her helmet?

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Nicely done! How did you get the flame to stick to her helmet?

Thanks! First I peeled off the mohawk, which came off really easily. I had an old flaming sword toy with curved flames. I cut off a bit and used clear gorilla glue to attach it. 

This was my 2nd try. I tried crazy glue but it dried white and took off the paint of any part it touched. 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It looks like the first Extremis Iron Man to me, from the pack with Titanium Man.

That’s the one, although the movie slip over chests have a similar look. Wave 32 Extremis Iron Man.

14 hours ago, Padrino said:

That is awesome! What did you use for the chest piece?

Thank you. I knew I wanted to make this guy the second I saw the bearded Odin from the BC wave.