UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

33 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

And Goblin's gliders! But, you know, no motorcycles. ?

Seriously, it's about the spinning wheels. The first Professor X 'mate came with a wheelchair with spinning wheels. That was a no-no. Wrists were slapped and ever since all of the "vehicles" have been static. 

I'd be completely fine if Bonebreaker didn't have working treads. Doesn't really matter to me the functionality of the piece, so long as I can pose the Reavers together with Deathstrike. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

And I'm fine with Ghost Rider's motorcycle being a glorified, flaming stand so long as Ghost Rider finally gets his ride.

Trust me, PL I'm way up there in the clouds with ya on this one. Thing is, it seems more plausible for DST to pack in a small pair of treads with an already existing 2-pack rather than take the Marvel line in a direction they've never gone due to licensing. On the subject of bikes, it's best for them to take the road more traveled. 

How the Marvel Legends did Skullbuster is good... get him and also get one of those Hellfire Club goons that became cyborgs.

81vqxLj4k9L._SX466_.jpg

I must admit, the idea of Reavers BEFORE Hellfire Club is insane to me. We could definitely get a great wave based around Hellfire Club WITH some decent names to help the wave.

A new White Queen Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Miss Sinister, Donald Pierce, Madelyne Pryor, Shadow King. Maybe Headmaster Magneto? (the OTHER purple one)

Then we can talk Reavers...

1 hour ago, AFMcGill said:

I must admit, the idea of Reavers BEFORE Hellfire Club is insane to me. We could definitely get a great wave based around Hellfire Club WITH some decent names to help the wave.

A new White Queen Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Miss Sinister, Donald Pierce, Madelyne Pryor, Shadow King. Maybe Headmaster Magneto? (the OTHER purple one)

But Donald Pierce IS a Reaver!

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Thank you! 

Chun-Li has 2 different versions. Original- the spikes are longer. New one has little bumps. I used the newer one. Had to buy 3 to make it look like a long glove(kinda like the movie version).

Edited by bilbofett

8 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

How the Marvel Legends did Skullbuster is good... get him and also get one of those Hellfire Club goons that became cyborgs.

81vqxLj4k9L._SX466_.jpg

If significance to Lore was a prerequisite I'd have official Crystal and Vance Astros instead of Gwen Pools and over half of the official releases. I think at the end of the day robot pirates outsell men in old attire.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the back and forth about Bonebreaker got me inspired.  Here's my take:

UwNiXjY.jpg

The lucky find was that tank base.  I found it at an Armenian Market in their candy/toy section as a blind box.  Apparently it's from a Russian company, so it might be a little scarce in the US, unless you live near a weird local market like me.  Here's the link to the manufacturer, Sweet Box.

The rest of Bonebreaker is pretty simple: An AIM agent head, A movie Wolverine Torso (I think), Storm's mohawk, Space cap's arm, a shoulder harness from someone, and the bandolier from a T2 figure.  And then I attached him with some putty just to hold him in place.

Hopes ya dig!