UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

50 minutes ago, stack32 said:

I was actually referring to the shading on the Enchantress chest block used for Sersi. I do agree on the face though, it can certainly pass for a comic Enchantress. That head is painted instead of being printed on the correct color, right? I think in person that might bug me.

Not sure what you mean but I just took the 616 Enchantress head and slapped a White Tiger black hair piece on an Animated Enchantress. Took the 616 Enchantress body and slapped the Animated Head and Hair piece on it and just kept trucking.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Not sure what you mean but I just took the 616 Enchantress head and slapped a White Tiger black hair piece on an Animated Enchantress. Took the 616 Enchantress body and slapped the Animated Head and Hair piece on it and just kept trucking.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, I understand what you did. Most minimate heads are bare plastic with a tampo applied, some are painted a color with a tampo applied over that. This appears to be the case with the animated Enchantress head but maybe I'm not seeing it right.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only specific thing was a captain America jacket, forget what the figure was called. Every other piece was just random. The whole thing is totally painted besides the head. I put some little foam pads on the knees because I hate when designs are painted on and split when you bend the knee 

having assumed we're never going to get it i'm going to do a frankenstein kitbash of this

Image result for hank pym wasp

using this as the base 

fig2228f2lg.jpg

i'm content enough to fudge the lines and accept that as looking close enough

but any suggestions for the extra parts i need?

hair/goggles are the hardest, the best i can think of is using a cannonball but that's not perfect.

also need a good wing back piece that matches the dark silver (and i can just clip on the wasp style wings from something else)

any suggestions for other bits i could use to compliment it would be welcome (boots, gloves, shoulder bits, etc)

Edited by AFMcGill

If you are willing to paint some small bits here and there:

For the gloves and boots, Ultimate Nova and paint a couple small black stripes on the gauntlets.

Hair and googles, painting a trimmed Pyro head would probably be best. 

For the Wings I'd use Angel from the X-Men First Class box set.

10 hours ago, Heinous said:

Those wings are totally different from the art he's going for

Sorry meant for the base to hold the wings. Sorry that was so confusing. The base that the wings attach to is black and yellow and will hold the insect wings he's using perfectly.

Edited by Chigarillo