UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hammer is made from TRU   TWU (Toys were Us) 24 unworthy thors Mjolnir i cut the head off and re glued it on upside down, so that the axe blade is correct, trimmed the  handle and wrapped the top with small wire and added a chunk of modified webline ( good eyes Tenime) to the end for length

So now we know :thumbsup: 

My 5 year old grandson's idiot father  (in conversation with his son)  recently referred to Mjolnir as "Thor's mallet" .    It would have been funny but he wasn't being funny he was just being himself.

Unfortunately each & every time I now see Thor or Mjolnir I think 'mallet'  :glare:

-buttheadsmallet

• 1 month later...

Finally got some spare time work on a few things and decided to take some photos...

First up is just a small change to Shadowcat (Sue Storm hand and foot added) and a kit bashed Colossus using parts from all the previous waves to make him more bulky, but not Hulk size.

IMG_2825.JPG.9ef4800e14c3cc5af3880fa8b94f9f8d.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG.43ee0116e1bd002352d40ef3831241af.JPG

Next is some villains, Tempo, Henry Peter Gyrich, Sebastian Shaw (pretty sure I stole the recipe from someone here a few years ago,) Reverend William Stryker. Still have to paint an Iron Man gauntlet for his Hand of Nimrod.

IMG_2831.JPG.913164e0599dc86465fe863eae9e3baa.JPG

Sometimes I like updating and altering costumes to fit pieces I have and to make them a bit more interesting. So my not quite accurate versions of Sway and Darwin. Sway's comic costume always bugged me with the absurd "boob window" so I got rid of that and decided to put the emphasis on the wrists instead since that's the source of her powers. Darwin gets an old Iceman head and hands mostly because he's always pale in the comics and mostly because I had like 5 spare Iceman heads from a project I'll have pics of later.

IMG_2820.JPG.5e170a8a3429b2ea20777fcee4d23881.JPG