UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

On 4/1/2017 at 11:21 AM, NerdyTrev said:

No clue as to how accessible this'll be, but it's nearly perfect.

IMG_1264.JPG

Dude! This is perfect! Maybe a wash over the hair and a slight modification on the style and that'll work perfectly. Time to get me a Jack Bauer. ?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Has anyone tried customizing vinimates? 

I don't have the resources or skill to paint a vinimate, but I'm hoping to see some Sentinel customs when the Iron Giant comes out.

If someone wanted to make Giant-Man or Goliath, Jack Skellington or Flash's head on classic Mulder's body with a lot of paint would be a good start.

Looking at Mattel's Wonder Woman toys, I hope DST makes an Ares vinimate. A god would make sense as a giant.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

5 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

So, I'm looking to make my own Wrecking Crew. Would Bulldozer need to have beefed up arms and legs or would standard sized minimate work? I'm torn because he's drawn both ways. Thoughts, questions, comments? 

I'd say the whole crew should be the same size. If you're not giving the others thigh and bicep parts, Bulldozer doesn't need them.

I don't even think they need powerhouse chests. Luke's set of customs he did with just the standard body and they looked great. I'd maybe give Bulldozer one because he is frequently drawn with a bulkier frame. Hasbro did their 3.14 inch line with them all on standard bodies and they all look fine next to each other and other heroes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 11:12 AM, Turtle said:

Nice Logan!  Now do Laura.  It's a shame we didn't get mates for that movie.

Thanks. Still trying to work out how exactly I'd like to do Laura.

In the meantime, I've been working in improving upon the existing new X-Men minimates, while doing minimal customisation to create some that were never made.

mM2Q5sQ.jpg

20 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm not really a fan of Grant Morrison's New X-Men, but those are some great updates. It'd be nice to see the team updated and released in full by DST.

Thanks. I'm definitely a fan of the series. It's  what got me back into comics after a few years away in high school.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/04/2017 at 10:51 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm not really a fan of Grant Morrison's New X-Men, but those are some great updates. It'd be nice to see the team updated and released in full by DST.

I loathe that run but LOVE these mates. Well done!

1 minute ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Loki's, I believe.

Yep. I see that now. THX!