UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

Yeah, I used a Gundam marker on my Things.  I think I also used to highlight details on Groot and maybe one of the several Star-Lords I have.  Probably something else too.  For a five dollar investment, it has really gotten a good return on investment.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone can help me out here.

I'm looking for some options for some QCs, with zero altering (especially painting) required.

I need a plaid winter coat for Vanessa:

4819077b2131c9b683d1c21506b2159a.jpg

And a good head for Donald Pierce:

2017%2F2%2F14%2F69677652-e2c4-422d-9e46-

Sunglasses not required, but if there's one out there with similar shades and sandy facial hair, even better.

For Donald Pierce, look at the Thor movie figures. No shades though.

I don't think you're going to find a red plaid coat though.  There's a tan one that came with Doc Brown in one of the BTTF box sets, and someone from the Walking Dead is wearing a red plaid shirt, but I think that's as close as you're going to get.

On 3/15/2017 at 3:08 PM, hellpop said:

For Donald Pierce, look at the Thor movie figures. No shades though.

I don't think you're going to find a red plaid coat though.  There's a tan one that came with Doc Brown in one of the BTTF box sets, and someone from the Walking Dead is wearing a red plaid shirt, but I think that's as close as you're going to get.

I thought Maggie with flannel would be decent for the custom from DP she has a red flannel and Luke has her on sale if I recall. 

I thought of Maggie, too, but it's definitely just a shirt.

Winter Zombie has a PERFECT maroon coat with cream fur collar. And because he came with a variant Michonne, I have two of them, so I'm definitely using that. I'm fine with it not having the plaid lines.

Trying to find a black skirt piece and top (Tabitha Galavan would be perfect if her skin tone matched Leslie's).

Funny enough, I really love Copycat's hair, does anyone know if it's come in black, or does anyone have a spare they don't need?

I picked up an Ironman 1 box set (with the battle damaged characters) and the figures are a bit more gummy than I'm used to with Minimates and kind of have a slight stickiness to them. Are both of these things common? Oh I got them loose, not sealed

Edited by Heinous

I hate tackymates. That generally happens when they've been sealed in a specific type of plastic baggie (I can't recall which) that doesn't allow the plastic/paint to breathe. I don't usually have that problem since I store mine in Plano tackle boxes. They don't seal airtight.

20170328_001108_zpsv3lsjfba.jpg

Copycat's hair won't fit with the coat, so I opted for Leslie's for the time being, which is also why there's no white streak, as it's my only one so far.

Went with Tabitha's skirt, as it was the easiest to dig out of my bins, and Celia's torso from Thief of Thieves. The skin tones don't match that well, but it's less obvious in person, and still way closer than most others I came up with.

So, barring better options, I'm pretty happy.

Now to figure out a good Ajax Francis & Angel Dust...

Edited by TENIME_art

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I've seen a good Francis using ME Shepard and WS Falcon parts.

That's what I used too. Looks pretty good. I used the torso from the female playstation 2 pack (the name escapes me) for Vanessa. And a Michonne skirt. 

On 3/15/2017 at 1:26 PM, TENIME_art said:

And a good head for Donald Pierce:

2017%2F2%2F14%2F69677652-e2c4-422d-9e46-

Sunglasses not required, but if there's one out there with similar shades and sandy facial hair, even better.

No clue as to how accessible this'll be, but it's nearly perfect.

IMG_1264.JPG

Edited by NerdyTrev