UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you, sir! I'm not sure of which recent news you speak of, though.

I really enjoyed the warren Ellis run on the character, and Lemire is currently doing a bang up job. as I was reading issue 9 of the latest series, I decided I wanted to go ahead and make a custom. it was rather easy, as customs go.

Nothing much, really. James Gunn said on Twitter that he talked to Marvel about an MK movie, and it was hot news for a day. Then D'Onofrio saw that and wanted in to. That, and Alonso said that he'd be getting some extra focus come 2017, alongside DD and the others.

I'm a bit behind on my books, as I have to wait a month after release for my subs, but Lemire's run is good. The second arc was just filler, but it's gotten on the right track. It's better than 90% of Marvel's current books anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Has anyone taken a thing figure and filled in the cracks with black so it better matches his face? Or any ideas how? 

It would be tough... Take a very steady hand and a lot of patience. I painted an extra Thing for a Rockslide custom and the paint was pretty tough to get into the cracks well. You'd need a really fine detail brush and you'd want a way to prevent black getting onto the top of the rocks. Yeah a marker might work like PL said.

Edited by Chigarillo

Yeah, the production version looks pretty unfinished next to the modified one. Especially that head. I'm not sure DST could do something like that. It'd either have to be a wash over some VERY deep and forgiving grooves or an expensive tampo process over smooth add-ons (like Hulk's). 

It looks great though.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Yeah, the production version looks pretty unfinished next to the modified one. Especially that head. I'm not sure DST could do something like that. It'd either have to be a wash over some VERY deep and forgiving grooves or an expensive tampo process over smooth add-ons (like Hulk's). 

It looks great though.

For me, the biggest issue is the mismatch between the face tampo and the body sculpt. The easiest way for DST to address that would be to make a new sculpted head piece to match the rest of the figure.