UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing some painting and working on a couple things and I've hit a wall putting together a Surge custom. Cannot find a good hair piece for her. Any suggestions anyone has? Painting it isn't an issue more just finding a solid base to start with. Thinking maybe Hope Van-Dyne or trimming the wings and the back of a Morrigan hairpiece?

tumblr_ntfso0UBzH1ts29vwo6_400.png

1 hour ago, Chigarillo said:

Doing some painting and working on a couple things and I've hit a wall putting together a Surge custom. Cannot find a good hair piece for her. Any suggestions anyone has? Painting it isn't an issue more just finding a solid base to start with. Thinking maybe Hope Van-Dyne or trimming the wings and the back of a Morrigan hairpiece?

Hope Van Dyne is perfect, definitely go with that. Another option would be the Mystique/Vampire Jubilee piece.

1 hour ago, Chigarillo said:

AlphaĀ Flight Marrina?

3 hours ago, Liney said:

AlphaĀ Flight Marrina?

I have always wished there was a list of what hair parts had been reused or a way to cross reference so you can see what colors hair parts are available for situations like this that may require you buying one to repaint.

51 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I have always wished there was a list of what hair parts had been reused or a way to cross reference so you can see what colors hair parts are available for situations like this that may require you buying one to repaint.

Minimate database is the best place. Type in hairpieces. Most of them are there.

5 minutes ago, bilbofett said:

Minimate database is the best place. Type in hairpieces. Most of them are there.

Yeah, I use it all the time. I don't think I was being clear though for Example if I wanted to paint the Crazy 88 hair piece Blonde to make another character it would be great to click on the link and see that the hairpiece exists in blonde in the Gwen Stacy & Dr. Connors two pack so I can either buy that one or go forth and paint another one. Make sense?

2 hours ago, bilbofett said:

My only issue with minimate database is that it only has "extras" in the lists. Like hairpieces only includes the extra hairpieces with sets, but not ones that are already on figures. So Jubilee's hair with the glasses down is on the list but not the hair with the glasses up. Be great to have them all show up on those lists. Marrina looks like what I was looking for, but didn't think of it because she is sitting on my shelf. Luckily I rememberĀ the A.F. sets being cheap. Thanks for the suggestions!

Marrina uses the same hair as Mystique and Vampire Jubilee.Ā Marrina is probably the cheapest bet. Good choice!

I believe Ivan once considered inventorying non-extra parts for the database but it's not as easy as you would think. An example pointed out would be something like translucent green arms. Radioactive Man and one of the promos have translucent green, but they're not the same shade. And that's not even taking into consideration the various shades of brown hair, blonde hair, etc.

1 hour ago, bigvis497 said:

Marrina uses the same hair as Mystique and Vampire Jubilee.Ā Marrina is probably the cheapest bet. Good choice!

I believe Ivan once considered inventorying non-extra parts for the database but it's not as easy as you would think. An example pointed out would be something like translucent green arms. Radioactive Man and one of the promos have translucent green, but they're not the same shade. And that's not even taking into consideration the various shades of brown hair, blonde hair, etc.

AGREED. It is a huge challenge and Ivan does so much already for the website. I don't think shades of color are necessary but it is nice to know who is recycling what parts.

6 hours ago, bigvis497 said:

Mystique and Jubilee do, but Marrina has bangs/a fringe.

• 1 month later...