UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

And Patch has a closed white jacket. He is probably going to be cheaper than the Beyonder or Mr. Negative if you have to buy off of eBay. 

Oh Patch! I used him for an upgraded Nick Fury for years.

9 minutes ago, stack32 said:

The head is sculpted so it would take a lot of work to make a hairpiece fit.

The top part doesn't come off? It looks like it does, Dang it! Although I do love that they add in a female torso into the mix so you can have a guy or a girl person.

Edited by thereasonsy

12 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

The top part doesn't come off? It looks like it does, Dang it! Although I do love that they add in a female torso into the mix so you can have a guy or a girl person.

On the Aria fig? It doesn't come off. If you are using the figures for customs though the Miranda fig just needs some decals to make a pretty accurate Monet in her current look which is my plan.

tumblr_nto5pytyMZ1sbbfwho9_500.gif

8 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

On the Aria fig? It doesn't come off. If you are using the figures for customs though the Miranda fig just needs some decals to make a pretty accurate Monet in her current look which is my plan.

tumblr_nto5pytyMZ1sbbfwho9_500.gif

Yeah, I don't have much success with decals even when I get them from Luke! My hands shake so I basically just stick to kit bashing and removing things.

On 8/6/2016 at 1:01 PM, thereasonsy said:

Hey Guys:

I looked in the Database but I swear  I remember a figure that had a white jacket. Am I making this up? I want to kitbash a Gen X Emma.

Dante from the Marvel vs. Capcom Box Set has a white coat.

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1291&n=Dante

Looking at my Retro X-Force Cable and I'm wondering if there's a way to get his head to fit on better. I thought maybe if I cut the brown part on the inside of the blue collar it might open the neck area up for ore room. That would also allow for better head movement. I don't know if that would ruin the piece, however. If anyone has any insight on this, it'd be much appreciated.

Figure for reference:

IeKaoHL.jpg

Edited by NerdyTrev

My Punisher is almost perfect now, with an AoU Tony Stark hairpiece and the Netflix chest:

20160813_113317_zpsuu3yugcs.jpeg

I might try to see if I can find some black pants with detail on them. There's gotta be some that look tactical.

I would love to use the rolled up sleeves Netflix came with, but these are my only Rocky arms, and I'd have to paint the elbows black (I like the wrist wraps). :confused:

Edited by TENIME_art

Try the Expendables for the black pants with tactical details. Hale Caesar and Lee Christmas each have some nice kneepad and combat boot details. And they are both unique so you have a couple to choose from there. Toll Road, Gunner Jensen and Yin Yang also have the tactical pants.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing severe, but I swapped out the torso and waist riser on Man-Thing for a NBX pumpkin king Jack.  I really like how it fits and doesn't come apart at the waist now, since the peg goes further up into the torso which is now a solid piece. At some point I'll likely paint it but for now it's an easy fix.