UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been happy with any of the brown suit wolverines we've had. I liked the look of the TRU9 one but the quality of that figure is low, I've always thought the wave 8 gaijin wolverine was way ahead of its time when it came to detailing on minimates but the hands, boots and mask are dated, so decided to kit bash the two together, didn't have the more modern mask with the right colours just yet though

post-2039-0-97123100-1443553360_thumb.jp

• 8 months later...

I used the black Shocker hair as a replacement for the Punisher Warzone hair I'd originally given NTW, and finally threw together a Colossus (and gave Vanessa the ghoul's arms, though they don't match as well as when someone else here did the same thing):

20160608_214402_zpsux49ul3h.jpeg

Also, stole borrowed the Prison Rick head idea from one of the Facebook groups for my Punisher:

20160608_213644_zps1fs03pj1.jpeg

I'll need to change the hair, though. It worked with the movie Sandman head I used previously, but it does not work with this one at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i finally scored animated Drax and Gamora, and used them to custom better looking (to me) versions of each. i just popped animated Gamora's head on her movie selfs body, and put the upper half of animated Drax on the the lower half of movie Drax. mix and match parts, indeed!

13844278_746847255453397_2045745603_o_1.

8 hours ago, CortherX said:

i finally scored animated Drax and Gamora, and used them to custom better looking (to me) versions of each. i just popped animated Gamora's head on her movie selfs body, and put the upper half of animated Drax on the the lower half of movie Drax. mix and match parts, indeed!

Did the exact same thing with my Drax and Gamora. Drax definitely needed the heavy boots and the animated Gamora head and hair look so much better than the movie one.

right. i was disappointed with all the "human" faces from movie GotG mates. thought they all looked pretty bored and flat.

i haven't seen the cartoon, what other characters do you think we could get? does Mantis or anyone else show up?

Edited by CortherX

23 hours ago, CortherX said:

HA! I'm actually planning to do the opposite with my Animated Drax and Gamora - put the movie Drax torso on the animated legs and movie Gamora's head on the animated body so I have movie Ravager versions of everyone (need to paint a Rocket).

• 2 weeks later...