UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

The Walking Dead Wave 2 Any has a hoodie piece that you could use. I'm thinking:

1) Get the original figure

2) Add sculpted pouches where he has painted (just take a look at the Database for figures which have them), and the wrist thingies (Widow has them).

3) Buy the Amy fig and pain the hoodie blue.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have a recipe for a Ben Reilly Scarlet Spidey? I'm thinking the Marvel Knights Daredevil is the right shade of red, but I'm not sure what to use for the hoodie or the mask. I prefer the slip-over masks, so I'm thinking just a Spider-Man mask repainted?

I did one using these parts (Though I'd rather use a different head, this is just what I could cheaply get)

Head - Ultimate Spidey

Body - TRU Daredevil

Gauntlets - Cap 2 Black Widow

Hoodie - Rocky

Belt - New X-Men Cyclops

Ankle Pouches - MAX Underwater Rescue Knife sheaths (Cut and painted)

Scarlet%20Spider%20Minimate_zpstgizbmh4.

Not really a custom but idk where else to put it

I have no recollection of ever even buying this, I just found it at the bottom of a box, thought it kinda fit with Minimates

20150827_154826_zpswjc6bi66.jpg

Thats one happy sentinel

He's from the Superhero Squad.

Do the colors match up accurately or did you have to paint the body?

The head is slightly darker than the body, but the hoodie breaks the color up enough that it's not that noticeable. The only painted parts on it are: The Hoodie, Belt, Guantlets and Ankle Pouches

Scarlet%20Spider%20Minimate%2002_zpso4wp

Do the colors match up accurately or did you have to paint the body?

The head is slightly darker than the body, but the hoodie breaks the color up enough that it's not that noticeable. The only painted parts on it are: The Hoodie, Belt, Guantlets and Ankle Pouches

Scarlet%20Spider%20Minimate%2002_zpso4wp

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

I wish they'd update Ben Reilly, but we also need Kaine Parker

We have a decent minimate of the current Hawkeye costume but with the web gear and gloves Hawkeye looks more bulky than how Aja draws him in his series so I wanted to make a few modifications:

Hawkeye%20Mod_zps79nyi5g3.jpg

The harness is from a Captain America figure with the shield peg trimmed and the quiver from Hawkeye glued on. Hair is from AoU Cap. The lower arms, hands, and bow are from AoU Hawkeye. This would be very little work except that Renner is inconveniently left-handed so the arms needed some filing done so that they could still move at the elbows.

I've been wanting to buy an Abomination to see if he matches Savage land/Barbarian hulk. Maybe use the Abomination chest block and blue shorts and head on Hulk's arms and legs.

It's not a match. That Hulk is the same shade of green as the Wave 38 Iron Fist so it would be a very noticeable difference.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks pretty sweet! I was working on a custom Agent Venom, but I think I might just retire it and use the Animated version. I went for a movie look on Flash though using the Eric Savin head from IM3 because I thought it resembled the actor from the ASM series