UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=)

As for Domino, I would go with a black widow body and a Rachel gray hair piece painted black.

ideally, if I can ever get the original Domino, I plan to swap some bits around. I'll make one Capullo Domino and one more modern X-Force/sniper Domino

Nice! I actually sacrificed basically the whole set to make mine. Cablepool boots, belt and leg holsters. I shaved the cap-pool's helmet wings off with an xacto blade in order to have the wade face underneath. The harness is from the winter soldier stealth cap.

Oh definitely. At first, I wasn't actually referencing the NOW! look (or any particular look. I just really like deadpool with brown straps). It wasn't until I happened upon an image of it afterward, that I got the idea to just use the cablepool boots too. They're not ideal, BUT I can swap them with his regular footwear at will, so no harm done. I'm rather happy with how he turned out. Someday I'll get around to painting the logo on his belt red.

QdZmZxq.jpg

Very nice.

They're not super-high on my list, but i would happily buy New X-Men Beast, Angel, Zorn & Emma. Even a better Jean Grey wouldn't be a terrible thing.

(After the litany of already requested, never-been-made characters, of course).

still wish we'd gotten evil face Morph

Zac - would DST ever consider putting out a head collection? Like 5 heads and 5 hair pieces and 5 stands all bundled together?

How much would we be willing to pay for a head collection?

I honestly think it depends on the heads. DST is pretty fair on their pricing and to be honest it wouldn't be like a dollar. There are manufacturing costs, etc, that would have to be covered. I loved the Buffy Accessory kit they made once upon a time.

I loved the Buffy Accessory kit they made once upon a time.

Who did what now?

Yeah they made these: http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Action-Accessory/dp/B000W6W0JG They were tons of fun. I always wanted Buffy Mates which is why I made my own custom Buffy and Angel.

I loved the Buffy Accessory kit they made once upon a time.

Who did what now?

Yeah they made these: http://www.amazon.com/Buffy-Vampire-Slayer-Action-Accessory/dp/B000W6W0JG They were tons of fun. I always wanted Buffy Mates which is why I made my own custom Buffy and Angel.

I made my own as well! I have been looking for a substitute scythe but have not been happy with any so far. It's my dream set at this point. Palz was my only hope for mini-weapons but we all know how that went...

Zac - would DST ever consider putting out a head collection? Like 5 heads and 5 hair pieces and 5 stands all bundled together?

Luke does sell individual heads and hairpieces in the toy store. Look in the "Minimate Parts" section.

Luke does sell individual heads and hairpieces in the toy store. Look in the "Minimate Parts" section.

Yeah but I mean like here's a Morph Head, here's a Ceclia Head and Hair. You know more offical and such.